Decrypt help

Sorry Myms. My bad about autodecrypt. Of course I meant detectads. Post edited to correct (I hope).

Why not set autodecrypt on the My Video folder to decrypt the BBC stuff that detectads doesn't? Or am I missing something basic? Nothing new there though.

By default most BBC programmes will not be eligible for ad detection but will be if the BBC * has been removed from the exclusion list or you have specified the 'Enable Auto DetectAds' flag for the recording folder. For most purposes this flag is not necessary and should not be specified - certainly not on the My Video folder
Why not set autodecrypt on the My Video folder to decrypt the BBC stuff that detectads doesn't? Or am I missing something basic? Nothing new there though.

Why not set autodecrypt on the My Video folder to decrypt the BBC stuff that detectads doesn't?
No reason at all - I have recursive autodecrypt set on My Video
My comment was that you shouldn't set the auto-detectads flag on My Video, it is only needed in when you only want to detect ads in specific folders.

But i want to detect and remove ads on all transmissions that have them and only exclude BBC* (as I have done), or is there a gocha in doing that.

You don't have to set to the auto-detectads flag to achieve that.

I hate having to set folder flags to enable things and detectads works fine without having them
I was persuaded, against my better judgment, to provide them for those who wanted to specify controls by folder
I knew they would cause confusion and errors

Are you saying that just having it installed and setup in the chaseget mode you don't have to screw around with the Opt+ and flags. It just works on all recordings (other than those excluded?
Will the excluded BBC* channels get decrypted though? If not, how can I make sure that they are?
And please don't point me at the What Every.... BH as I can't make head nor tail of this detectads/decrypting facility there.

Just set recursive auto-decrypt on My Video, as normal (then any folders prefixed "[" need to be explicitly set for auto-decrypt).

You seem to have got yourself confused, thinking MymsMan told you not to do that. No so - he said there is no need to set a detectads flag (see post 22).

as I can't make head nor tail of this detectads/decrypting facility there.
There are times when I'm glad I have to do things the old-fashioned way [no CF on the 2000T]. Detectads for me is putting the programme into VideoReDo and looking for the ads. Tedious and time consuming, but at least I don't have your problems. :D

Just set recursive auto-decrypt on My Video, as normal (then any folders prefixed "[" need to be explicitly set for auto-decrypt).
Thanks. Very succinct. In fact so succinct that I understood it.:):cheers:
You seem to have got yourself confused, thinking MymsMan told you not to do that. No so - he said there is no need to set a detectads flag (see post 22).
Absolutely correct. I had to reread it about 4 times before I got it into my thick skull what was what.:frantic: But just wanted confirmation that I had got it right in my Post #26

Back