• The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.1!

    This upgrade brings a number of improvements including the ability to bookmark posts to come back to later. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and open a new thread for any questions, issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

Decryption not working

Adrian_K

New Member
hi All,
I'm wanting to archive some of my recordings to my NAS and convert them (manually) to MKV, however, I noticed that recordings are no longer being decrypted. So I'm looking for pointers on how to resolve this.
I also noticed that the scheduled back up of the recording schedule is also no longer happening - maybr related, maybe not.

Web interface version: 1.4.4-10
Custom firmware version: 3.03 (build 2368)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.03)

Cleared most of the queue as there were 500+ jobs

nothing too much to report from autolog, lots of <file> queued for decryption
just this:
19/05/2019 06:12:19 - autotrigger[1647]: Blocking file: 0

I followed:
Followed Method 2
Content share was turned off - now on and rebooted.

and now I'm stuck.

TIA
Adrian
 

Trev

The Dumb One
There are some pointers in THIS {Click} very recent thread, but having tried them, come back here with your problem rather than in the thread that I have linked to, to keep your stuff separate from the other person's.
 
OP
A

Adrian_K

New Member
There are some pointers in THIS {Click} very recent thread, but having tried them, come back here with your problem rather than in the thread that I have linked to, to keep your stuff separate from the other person's.
Thanks Trev, I looked at that thread but dismissed as I didn't think it was DNLA related and am not getting the DNLA Server not running message. And I looked for the Boot Time Parameter Setting page but couldn't find it. <scratches head>
 
OP
A

Adrian_K

New Member
Why? That's pretty old.
It's been so reliable, I didn't consider upgrading. Only when I noticed the issue did I see that there are new versions. I didn't upgrade immediately because it may have introduce further issues while my box is not well.
 

MymsMan

Ad detector
For Internal Server errors take a look at webif-error.log to see if that contains any details.
Also turn on 'debugging information' logging on under Auto processing on Settings page
Perhaps post other Auto processing options to see if anything looks odd
 

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Ah! If it ain't broke then don't fix it eh? Not a bad ploy.
But now it is broke, and debugging will be tricky unless we're all on the same page. Package updates (independent of the base firmware) may mean they are more recent with unknown consequences when interfacing with superseded firmware.

This might not be the actual problem, but the first step is to update everything to current and see what the situation is then.
 
OP
A

Adrian_K

New Member
Apologies for the delay, I typed a repsonse but didn't click post. d'oh

I tried all sorts but it wasn't upgrading then I had a light bulb moment and looked down the proverbial back of the sofa and found a 1GB USB and have now upgraded to 3.13. The 16GB could be used as a flash drive but seemed that it wasn't registering during boot up.

Auto-decrypt is still not working.
I've also upgrded many of the packages - and somewhere along the line a _original folder was created.
The new recordings are being added to the queue - the queue doesn't seem to be processing.
Manual decrypt works.
I've attached very recent auto.log to this post, nothing to report from crash or webif logs.

I'm still getting internal server error when I run flash fix diag - this breaks the remote access to the box and necessitates a reboot.

4136


thanks,
Adrian
 

Attachments

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
somewhere along the line a _original folder was created.
Several processes such as ad detection create that folder and put the unaltered recording files into it, in case anything goes wrong or the result isn't what you expect.

I'm still getting internal server error when I run flash fix diag - this breaks the remote access to the box and necessitates a reboot.
This strikes me as a symptom of a significant problem, but I have no idea where to look.

The 16GB could be used as a flash drive but seemed that it wasn't registering during boot up.
That's a well-known phenomenon, see Things Every... (click) section 12.
 
Last edited:

prpr

Well-Known Member
Telnet (or Webshell) into the box and run the "fixweb" command from the menu.
Or run "opkg update" and "opkg upgrade" from the "cli" command line.
This was a FAQ back when the change from Mongoose to Lighttpd happened. That's the problem with people who don't keep things up to date...
 
OP
A

Adrian_K

New Member
ta dah! Autodecrypt is working fine now and I'm no longer getting the server error message.

many thanks for your help
Adrian
 
Top