Decryption not working

Adrian_K

hi All,
I'm wanting to archive some of my recordings to my NAS and convert them (manually) to MKV, however, I noticed that recordings are no longer being decrypted. So I'm looking for pointers on how to resolve this.
I also noticed that the scheduled back up of the recording schedule is also no longer happening - maybr related, maybe not.

Web interface version: 1.4.4-10
Custom firmware version: 3.03 (build 2368)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.03)

Cleared most of the queue as there were 500+ jobs

nothing too much to report from autolog, lots of <file> queued for decryption
just this:
19/05/2019 06:12:19 - autotrigger[1647]: Blocking file: 0

I followed:
Followed Method 2
Content share was turned off - now on and rebooted.

and now I'm stuck.

TIA
Adrian

There are some pointers in THIS {Click} very recent thread, but having tried them, come back here with your problem rather than in the thread that I have linked to, to keep your stuff separate from the other person's.

There are some pointers in THIS {Click} very recent thread, but having tried them, come back here with your problem rather than in the thread that I have linked to, to keep your stuff separate from the other person's.
Thanks Trev, I looked at that thread but dismissed as I didn't think it was DNLA related and am not getting the DNLA Server not running message. And I looked for the Boot Time Parameter Setting page but couldn't find it. <scratches head>

Why? That's pretty old.
It's been so reliable, I didn't consider upgrading. Only when I noticed the issue did I see that there are new versions. I didn't upgrade immediately because it may have introduce further issues while my box is not well.

For Internal Server errors take a look at webif-error.log to see if that contains any details.
Also turn on 'debugging information' logging on under Auto processing on Settings page
Perhaps post other Auto processing options to see if anything looks odd

Ah! If it ain't broke then don't fix it eh? Not a bad ploy.
But now it is broke, and debugging will be tricky unless we're all on the same page. Package updates (independent of the base firmware) may mean they are more recent with unknown consequences when interfacing with superseded firmware.

This might not be the actual problem, but the first step is to update everything to current and see what the situation is then.

Apologies for the delay, I typed a repsonse but didn't click post. d'oh

I tried all sorts but it wasn't upgrading then I had a light bulb moment and looked down the proverbial back of the sofa and found a 1GB USB and have now upgraded to 3.13. The 16GB could be used as a flash drive but seemed that it wasn't registering during boot up.

Auto-decrypt is still not working.
I've also upgrded many of the packages - and somewhere along the line a _original folder was created.
The new recordings are being added to the queue - the queue doesn't seem to be processing.
Manual decrypt works.
I've attached very recent auto.log to this post, nothing to report from crash or webif logs.

I'm still getting internal server error when I run flash fix diag - this breaks the remote access to the box and necessitates a reboot.

thanks,
Adrian

Attachments

• humax_auto_log.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 2
somewhere along the line a _original folder was created.
Several processes such as ad detection create that folder and put the unaltered recording files into it, in case anything goes wrong or the result isn't what you expect.

I'm still getting internal server error when I run flash fix diag - this breaks the remote access to the box and necessitates a reboot.
This strikes me as a symptom of a significant problem, but I have no idea where to look.

The 16GB could be used as a flash drive but seemed that it wasn't registering during boot up.
That's a well-known phenomenon, see Things Every... (click) section 12.

Last edited:
Telnet (or Webshell) into the box and run the "fixweb" command from the menu.
Or run "opkg update" and "opkg upgrade" from the "cli" command line.
This was a FAQ back when the change from Mongoose to Lighttpd happened. That's the problem with people who don't keep things up to date...

ta dah! Autodecrypt is working fine now and I'm no longer getting the server error message.

many thanks for your help
Adrian

Back