Deletion of 'dross' channels

AlanB

On my old Topfield 5810 is was important to delete unwanted channels, as too many channels could overload limited memory space and cause a crash, especially when running the MySpace tap. Is there a similar problem with the Humax HDR Fox-T2?

One reason to enquire is that deleting a channel requires a lot of key-strokes, so deleting a lot of them is not to be undertaken lightly. Is there a custom firmware package for simplifying this?

On my old Topfield 5810 is was important to delete unwanted channels, as too many channels could overload limited memory space and cause a crash, especially when running the MySpace tap. Is there a similar problem with the Humax HDR Fox-T2?
Not so far as I am aware at the present time. There does seem to be an issue with the earlier SD Humax recorders that can be ameliorated by omitting a multiplex when tuning.

Yeah, you can delete them in bulk quite easily though the standard on-screen interface. I'm at work so can't remember the menus to go through.. it's something like Channel List.. and then start hitting the Delete button (Red?) to kill 'em. Save the list & you're done.

I think it's under Menu > Edit Channels, then you tick all the channels you don't want, then click Delete.

Menu>Settings>Edit Channels.

I'm trying to think of a word I've never seen before, but unfortunately that's one task that has to be done for you by others :confused:

Back