[DetectAds] Announcing DetectAds version 2

MymsMan: how does DetectAds interact with arbookmarks? Are pre-existing bookmarks ignored and over-ridden?

af123: how does the existence of bookmarks due to arbookmarks affect the sweeper detection? What does arbookmarks do if DetectAds has already processed a recording?

When doing cropping within DetectAds any preexisting bookmarks are ignored but if you were to run crop manually later the arbookmarks would cause problems.

The next version of DetectAds will, thanks to af123, set an explicit Addetection flag and include Sweeper hooks to allow more selective control of when it is run. Hopefully I will have some time this weekend to find a round tuit.

MymsMan: how does DetectAds interact with arbookmarks? Are pre-existing bookmarks ignored and over-ridden?

af123: how does the existence of bookmarks due to arbookmarks affect the sweeper detection? What does arbookmarks do if DetectAds has already processed a recording?

arbookmarks aborts if the recording already has any bookmarks.
For post-decryption processing, arbookmarks has a higher priority than detectads so will run first.

I have just uploaded version 0.2.1-0 to the package repository - it should be available for install shortly.

It includes:
  • Addetection flag in .hmt file (thanks af123)
  • Automation via Sweeper (thanks af123)
  • Sample Sweeper rules
  • Show processing queue, remove entries from queue
  • Only Bookmark ends of ad breaks option
  • New icon
  • Cosmetic improvements
  • No deletion on in-use files
What is not included in this version
  • The new flag is not shown in the file list, hopefully this will be shown shortly
  • System is not returned to standby after being awoken by chaseget (sorry Trev) but it is next on the ToDo list

Could there be a problem due to the version number of the release?, I seem to remember a problem in the past that was caused by 0.2.1 and 0.2.1-0 being seen as the same version

Could there be a problem due to the version number of the release?, I seem to remember a problem in the past that was caused by 0.2.1 and 0.2.1-0 being seen as the same version
I hope not.
If there was an 0.2.1 it was 0.0.2.1 and well over a year ago, the immediately previous package was 0.2.0-3
The next minor change package will be 0.2.1-1

The update to display the DetectAds icon detectads.png in the browse file list is now available from the package catalogue, version 0.2.1-1

Thanks. Still got the 'n' at 0x73e spare then.
The 'N' is used to indicate 'De-duped'
If another flag is needed, I'll need to find an unused one somewhere that is always created as 0 and assign bits to flags.

The 'N' is used to indicate 'De-duped'
If another flag is needed, I'll need to find an unused one somewhere that is always created as 0 and assign bits to flags.

Well, you've got plenty of those to choose from.:)

I use Detectads to add bookmarks but not crop. The filenames are appended with '-Dec' and the titles are appended with '-Decrypt Done'. These are easily removed, but it has also started to add the latter tag to the title in the description that appears when you select the file in the SUI and press 'i'. Is this the intended behaviour?

I also just bookmark and find the extra stuff a bit off putting. It's a bit of a pain, making the title etc. a lot longer than it needs be with information that I am not really interested in. I know that all the stuff has been decrypted anyway using the SUI because I have the autodecrypt running, and the CF has the flags that also tells me. If it is absolutely necessary for file handling purposes, how about using just a single letter, or, better still, remove the extra stuff after the intermediate files have been squirrelled away to their final resting places? That'll save me writing a sweeper rule to get rid of it.

I use Detectads to add bookmarks but not crop. The filenames are appended with '-Dec' and the titles are appended with '-Decrypt Done'. These are easily removed, but it has also started to add the latter tag to the title in the description that appears when you select the file in the SUI and press 'i'. Is this the intended behaviour?
It has always done this, the 'i' button is just displaying the same title plus synopsis information as the SUI list display.

I also just bookmark and find the extra stuff a bit off putting. It's a bit of a pain, making the title etc. a lot longer than it needs be with information that I am not really interested in. I know that all the stuff has been decrypted anyway using the SUI because I have the autodecrypt running, and the CF has the flags that also tells me. If it is absolutely necessary for file handling purposes, how about using just a single letter, or, better still, remove the extra stuff after the intermediate files have been squirrelled away to their final resting places? That'll save me writing a sweeper rule to get rid of it.

I can be a bear of very little brain and at times need something more obvious than a single character to help me distinguish between three otherwise identical filenames/titles in the webif/SUI file list, I also felt it better to use something relatively self explanatory rather than you having to explain to SWMBO what a set of cryptic letters were meant to indicate.

The -dec file has very little value until it is completed (unlike the -crop file which you might want to chase-play) so I am thinking of creating it in a tmp directory and only moving it on successful completion which would reduce the need for visible file and title changes

But surely, when the dust settles, there is only one file left in the recording folder not three with different names and we can only see the intermediate files if we go rooting about in the bin. (Unless we have a wish to go looking whilst it's recording. As an example, I have a single file "The Planets -Decrypt Done" in my browser and SUI, not three with similar names.
SWHOMBO has absolutely no interest in whether it has been decrypted, countersunk or punch-bored. I just have to explain what the extra words are all about when she says what are they there for. :(
Surely, the intermediate files are in the bin, only leaving the final detectads processed file around.
Auto decrypt does not bother to tell us they have been decrypted by lengthening the title unnecessarily, just an icon in the CF web page.
What I'm saying is, give them any name you like during processing, I suggested using one letter, because it will only be looked at by you during your development, but get rid of the extra stuff when it's finished and tidied up please.
I can usually tell when a programme is new, without the broadcaster putting on the stupid 'new' prefix and have a little jobbie running on my T2 that seems to take great delight in binning the 'new' and other prefixes.
Ah well, I suppose I'll have to devise a rule for Sweeper.:(

Other than that little rant. It's a great add-on and saves me pressing the skip button twice, after I have found the bookmark button.:)

It has always done this, the 'i' button is just displaying the same title plus synopsis information as the SUI list display.
I have figured out what was going on. When you edit the medialist title with the remote control, it does not change the 'i-title'. If you edit the medialist title with Web-If, it changes the 'i-title' too. If you have already edited the medialist title with the remote, but then want to change the 'i-title' you have to edit the medialist title again, save your changes and then edit another time with Web-If.
In summary, if you want to change the 'i-title' use Web-If rather than the remote control.

Hi
I would like to add this feature to my Humax and wondered if someone in the know could advise if I need to install any other programs to enable 'Detect-ads' to function correctly. I have read the 'wiki' but I'm somewhat confused as several other programs are mentioned in the notes.
Thanks
mesaboogieman

Hi
I would like to add this feature to my Humax and wondered if someone in the know could advise if I need to install any other programs to enable 'Detect-ads' to function correctly. I have read the 'wiki' but I'm somewhat confused as several other programs are mentioned in the notes.
Thanks
mesaboogieman
When you install detectads it will automatically install the other packages that it depends on (chaseget, ir, libsndfile etc) if they are not already installed so you do not have to manually install anything else

Back