Digital radio info missing

What else is there? TVs of course! The alarm functions are far superior.
I guess that depends on the TV, the ones I have explored only have a TV wake-up time rather than a "make a racket in case you have not woken with the audio" time, or any day/week/weekend options. My JL can be programmed to do what you stated in post 16, but if you are already awake to hear those tweets it is not really an alarm that you require - just a radio on a timeswitch (or an arm's reach to the on/off button).

However, I refuse to regard a TV as an equivalent alternative to a bedside clock-radio, and I'm not sure how your TV fulfills your stated requirement for an "extra alarm for the odd travel wakeup".

However, I refuse to regard a TV as an equivalent alternative to a bedside clock-radio, and I'm not sure how your TV fulfills your stated requirement for an "extra alarm for the odd travel wakeup".

I will soon be setting it to go off at 3am for a drive to the airport. :)

I toyed with the idea of a timer switch, but we already had the TV in the room, so it was a no-brainer to use that. Plus, you have to get up to switch it off, unless you secrete its remote at the side of the bed!

All the Samsung range have the same alarm/on/off functions I think, as they mostly share a common menu interface, under System->Time.

Samsung EH5000: sleep, on, off - but no alarm.

Well, I did say "I think" based on flimsy evidence from three TVs at home and numerous TVs in hotels!:oops:

I am surprised! Are there not three on/off schedules?

Yes, 3 on/off timers and a sleep timer but no actual alarm (by which I mean "make a racket to raise the living dead").

I can quite happily sleep through TV/radio sound - maybe you regard that as sufficient, but I don't find it a satisfactory alternative to a bedside clock/radio.

Yes, 3 on/off timers and a sleep timer but no actual alarm (by which I mean "make a racket to raise the living dead").

I can quite happily sleep through TV/radio sound - maybe you regard that as sufficient, but I don't find it a satisfactory alternative to a bedside clock/radio.

Ah, we are on the same page now! Just tune to some all-night pop channel and set the volume really high.

I find Radio 4 at a higher than normal volume sufficient to wake us in the middle of the night We were talking about alternatives to the Pure radio alarms, weren't we? I don't think I would want a claxon playing for three hours.

Back