Disable OTA has woken us at 4am 2 nights running

LDW

IIRC disable-ota used to tune to BBC Red Button, but now seems to tune to E4+1. This means that at stupid o'clock a shouty voice rings out in our sitting room, with liberal use of the f-word. We have neighbours...

Is there a way to amend please?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
No idea how it got like that, but just go in and edit the entry manually (from the SUI): Guide >> Schedule (yellow) >> (select entry) >> OK >> OK >> (select Red Button) >> OK >> (select OK) >> OK

You don't actually need the disable-ota reminder schedule any more. There are no more OTAs, and the disable-ota package will mostly prevent the box waking up anyway, particularly if RTS is enabled.

Go into the package settings and disable the reminder, then remove the reminder from the schedule (by SUI or WebIF).

I'm guessing that when the Humax wakes up and sends a signal to the TV, that the TV responds to this by automatically turning itself on (at approx. 4:20am)

Last edited:
That implies that whenever the Hummy is set to record it switches on the TV? I have 2 Freeview and 1 Freesat recorders (Humax) connected to a Smart TV none of which do that.

We really don't need to know the details of why the OP's TV was on - we've addressed the problem that was presented, and the whys and wherefores are none of our concern.

That implies that whenever the Hummy is set to record it switches on the TV? I have 2 Freeview and 1 Freesat recorders (Humax) connected to a Smart TV none of which do that.
I have the same (2x FOX + 1x 1010S) with all three connected to the same TV input via a 3->1 HDMI box.
With our previous TV (10 yo Panasonic) none switched the TV on.
With our new TV (Sony) the FOXs don't turn it on but the 1010S does.
Clearly later equipment has additional functionality, but both ends have to support it.

I have the same (2x FOX + 1x 1010S) with all three connected to the same TV input via a 3->1 HDMI box.
With our previous TV (10 yo Panasonic) none switched the TV on.
With our new TV (Sony) the FOXs don't turn it on but the 1010S does.
Clearly later equipment has additional functionality, but both ends have to support it.
I believe it is called HDMI-CEC and it may be why the TV turns on. Just a thought.

I do get a banner (on my LG B7) telling me that one of the Humax devices is available even though they are only set to record but no switching on etc or changing input. I do find it irritating but cannot prevent it.

Back