Disappearing Firmware?

My custom firmware seems to have vanished. I cannot open the web interface in a browser. The TV portal also seems to have reverted to the standard Humax portal. I have tried restarting the Humax and it doesn't mention the Custom firmware on the front panel when booting up. Any advice gratefully received.

Your box will have received the 1.03.12 OAD on Thursday morning, you can get your CF functionality back by installing the new 1.03.12 CF 2.22 version.

Humax sent a new Over The Air software update a few days ago, it sounds like it has over-written your Custom Firmware, If you want to install the Custom Firmware version of the new software (1.03.12_m0d_2.22) download it from HERE

Different people have different objectives and priorities. I perceive seven levels:

0. Developer: Of course the pre-release stuff is installed!
1. Bleeding Edge: Install as soon as it is released or pre-released, regardless of potential flaws (beta testers).
2. On the Curve: Install once there is no immediate sign of problems from beta tester chatter.
3. Watchful: Monitor, and install when and if features affect personal use.
4. Managed Neglect: When a problem occurs, check the release notes for a solution.
5. Head in the Sand: When a problem occurs, post on the forum instead of checking release notes.
6. Conformophobe: Regards it as beneath them to use the hummy.tv forum for anything, despite wanting the benefits of the HD-FOX / HDR-FOX custom firmware.
In this case, for "instead of checking release notes" read "instead of checking current forum traffic".

Back