Discrete IR codes for on and off

Chris O'Neill

Hello forum,

Does anyone know if there are discreet IR on and off codes available for DTR-T1000 or any of the other DTR boxes?

I'm using the Roomie Control app (now Simple Control) with an IR blaster. As I am running the app on three different devices and can only use a Power Toggle command it's having trouble tracking whether the device is on or off.

I have searched around the web and turned up similar requests but nothing updated in the last 12 months. Of course, if you know of any other funky workarounds (wake on LAN maybe?) then I would be interested to know.

The Logitech Harmony remote control database only includes a code for PowerToggle for these boxes so it seems not. Crazily, the Humax DTR range do not allow you to change the codeset used whereas you can for older Humax devices such as my Foxsat HDR which I have changed to use codeset 2 to avoid clashing with my Youview box (formerly a T1000 but now a T2100).

As it happens, I prefer to not allow my Harmony remote control to turn my PVRs on and off automatically as I switch activities but prefer to do so manually. Does that suggest a way forward for you?

Or does the Roomie Control app let you configure more than one device of the same model and let you call them something descriptively different?

Last edited:
if you know of any other funky workarounds (wake on LAN maybe?) then I would be interested to know.
It is possible to turn on the HDR-Fox T2 using '0' (Zero), rather than the normal power button, this may also work on the DTR-T1000, multiple zeros are sometimes recommended although I didn't find this necessary.
BTW : Wakeup-On-LAN definitely doesn't work on the HDR-Fox T2

Last edited:
Back