1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dismiss? Qu'est ce que c'est?

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by LDW, Nov 23, 2012.

1. LDW

LDW Member

restart.jpg

Dismiss??? What does this mean, pray?

Does it mean 'Exit and the next time there is a restart the scheduling operation will be completed?'

Or 'Exit and nothing will happen?'

And AFAIK the box is not busy. What am I doing wrong?

2. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

This message (or something like it) appears when a restart is required but can't be carried out immediately because the Humax is Recording. If the Humax is not 'busy' the Dismiss would be replaced by a 'Do a restart now - Y/N' message. The 'Dismiss' notice, I guess just takes the message off the screen

3. prpr

prpr Well-Known Member

It means remove the message from the web page.

Yes.

LDW likes this.
  4. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

What prpr said.

The message appears at the top of the WebIF page when an existing schedule event is modified in some way (eg change of destination folder). The CF cannot modify the schedule database while the humaxtv process is running (which is always during normal operation), so the database changes are queued until the next reboot and applied before humaxtv starts up. The warning tells you there are pending updates, the "Dismiss" option lets you acknowledge the message and hide it from cluttering up the screen.

If you schedule a new event via the EPG page a message offers you the option of forcing a restart (with the warning that the CF-triggered restart might not complete without manual intervention). You can also force a restart via the Diagnostics page.

Perhaps it would be better if the message button said "Acknowledge?".

5. The Bogeyman

The Bogeyman Member

Maybe one of the clever programmers on here can make it say "I know, get off my screen now, please." :)

6. prpr

prpr Well-Known Member

Well, if you wanna edit the string, it's about 28 lines down in /mod/var/mongoose/include/restart.jim ;)

7. LDW

LDW Member

Thank you!

8. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

This topic either has a very large P or a very large G, I can't decide which.

9. LDW

LDW Member

:confused::confused::confused:

10. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

11. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

I'm glad you've cleared that up

brian likes this.
  12. LDW

LDW Member

Alt ref

To an ignoramus, of course, almost any non-standard reference seems pretentious.

England have India 145-6 as I speak.