Dissecting the Humax TV Portal

Hello Chris, Is this info valid for the HDR? Your OP said it was on the HD but your recent post says it's on the HDR. Ta, Oijonesey

Both mate - I've got an HDR, my girlfriend has an HD.
That folder is read only though, so you have to make a custom firmware to make the changes.
Its easier to test on the HD model using the bootHDRmode script as that folder lives in the /mod/ directory.

Both mate - I've got an HDR, my girlfriend has an HD.
That folder is read only though, so you have to make a custom firmware to make the changes.
Its easier to test on the HD model using the bootHDRmode script as that folder lives in the /mod/ directory.

Ah OK - that's outside of my limited capabilities (I presume you mean a new custom firmware rather than the existing public version). I'd better wait for some sort of interface methinks. I'd happily help with testing that when the time comes if that's of any use.

Yeah a custom, custom firmware lol

The plan is to have the main Selection screen in the Custom Firmware, and then the custom portal & settings pages sat in the /mod/ folder so they can be updated easily.

I'll let you all know in due course.

That's excellent! I have a new custom firmware version lined up anyway so we should talk and get the changes you need rolled into it before I release it. After that being able to maintain the custom portal through the packaging system is perfect!

After that being able to maintain the custom portal through the packaging system is perfect!

Also we should be able to maintain the packaging system through the custom portal ;)

Presumably it would be possible to point to a local portal, hosted on the box itself, with "remote control friendly" version of webif...

There are ways of testing alternative portal startup files without having to flash custom firmware, for example you can mount an alternate portal configuration file out of /mod/boot before the humaxtv binary starts - the current firmware has that capability which should be good enough for testing at least. It's also possible to stop/start the humaxtv binary to pick up on new changes.

Anyone? :) This is actually with mod 1.11 on an HDR.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318030472.080765.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318030472.080765.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 57
Anyone? :) This is actually with mod 1.11 on an HDR.

I realise it's just to prove the concept but the dark twisted side of me likes the idea of accessing the RS portal from the box that the RS portal is giving me remote access to!!!! Mwa Hwa haaa haaa haaaaaa:frantic:

I guess the main thing is picking a method/software that is not proprietary and has a server implementation that is light & easy to get onto the Humax. And having existing clients available for iPhone + Android would save time/hassle. Air Mouse and Unified Remote aren't really an option, but they at least illustrate where we're trying to go.

I realise it's just to prove the concept but the dark twisted side of me likes the idea of accessing the RS portal from the box that the RS portal is giving me remote access to!!!! Mwa Hwa haaa haaa haaaaaa:frantic:

Maybe you could access the tv portal from RS from the tv portal from RS from the tv portal.....

The current version of what I am building will work exactly like the humax portal does - all input via the remote.
To add in the ability to enter text (like YouTube) it just requires javascript & html coding.

If some of you want to look at adding mouse or smartphone control, you will be able to play about with editing your own pages when the custom portal package is ready.

I've seen on google a hbbtv editor (Project SHE). If someone can "locate" me a copy of that, the release will be quicker. ;)

I've seen on google a hbbtv editor (Project SHE). If someone can "locate" me a copy of that, the release will be quicker. ;)

I've just spent half an hour looking for this and can't find anything other than the video clips showing something in action. The only thing I could find (which is probably what ChrisD has found already) is a mention on the hbbtv.org website with an email address at the end to contact for more details projekt-she AT gmx.de. I went to gmx.de but it ended up on what looked like a search engine site and the trail went cold. I even used googles translate feature to look at and search through german websites but still couldn't find anything. So I've just emailed this address to see where the trail leads me.....

Back