DLNA server no longer discoverable on iPad or TVs

Nick Beach

I have been viewing recordings from my HDR-Fox-T2 for a while now from both my iPad and an LG TV. A couple of days ago however, the DLNA server stopped appearing. It is certanly up and running because I can still view recording without any problems from my PC (which I assume must have stored the server address).

It is almost as if the server has stopped being discoverable.

It may be a coincidence but I noticed that several of the packages have recently auto-updated.

Any suggestions?

MontysEvilTwin

Try resetting the DLNA database. You can do this from maintenance mode, or in Webif>Diagnostics>DLNA Reset. If you reset from Webif, you first need to turn off content sharing with the remote control handset, reset and then turn content sharing back on.

OP
N

Nick Beach

It's working!! It looks like perhaps a router issue?

I tried DLNA Reset again but still no luck. My PC could see the Humax DLNA server but the wi-fi connected devices couldn't. I thought that perhaps my Technocolor router was blocking access so tried "Clear Intrusion Detection Statistics" on the router and now everything is working again. Perhaps a coincidence?

Does that sound feasible? I'm not enough of a DLNA expert to know.

OP
N

Nick Beach

The same problem happened again today although this time it was just the LG TV that couldn't see the DLNA server. The iPad was fine. I tried tried "Clear Intrusion Detection Statistics" on the router but no luck. I then restarted the router and the problem went away.

The evidence is mounting for this being a router issue. The router, incidentally, is a Technocolor TG582n supplied by PlusNet.

Last edited: