DLNA server no longer discoverable on iPad or TVs

Nick Beach

I have been viewing recordings from my HDR-Fox-T2 for a while now from both my iPad and an LG TV. A couple of days ago however, the DLNA server stopped appearing. It is certanly up and running because I can still view recording without any problems from my PC (which I assume must have stored the server address).

It is almost as if the server has stopped being discoverable.

It may be a coincidence but I noticed that several of the packages have recently auto-updated.

Any suggestions?

Try resetting the DLNA database. You can do this from maintenance mode, or in Webif>Diagnostics>DLNA Reset. If you reset from Webif, you first need to turn off content sharing with the remote control handset, reset and then turn content sharing back on.

It's working!! It looks like perhaps a router issue?

I tried DLNA Reset again but still no luck. My PC could see the Humax DLNA server but the wi-fi connected devices couldn't. I thought that perhaps my Technocolor router was blocking access so tried "Clear Intrusion Detection Statistics" on the router and now everything is working again. Perhaps a coincidence?

Does that sound feasible? I'm not enough of a DLNA expert to know.

The same problem happened again today although this time it was just the LG TV that couldn't see the DLNA server. The iPad was fine. I tried tried "Clear Intrusion Detection Statistics" on the router but no luck. I then restarted the router and the problem went away.

The evidence is mounting for this being a router issue. The router, incidentally, is a Technocolor TG582n supplied by PlusNet.

Last edited:
Back