DLNA to Smart TVs

The older versions of stripts are available, all 12 of them, but I have no documentation about what version does what and they obviously are no longer supported, e.g. they may do undesirable things. It would be best to un-install the current version using Web-If >> packages >> uninstall and then send a command line like this using Telnet :-
Code:
opkg install http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/stripts_1.0.7_mipsel.opk
Available versions are 1.0.0 to 1.1.2, having installed a version it can be uninsulated using Web-If >> packages >> uninstall
EDIT
I have just realised that the above are the versions on the standalone strips package and I'm guessing that you want the different versions of the Web-If that carry various OPT+ shrink features

Both Shrink and StripTS produce files that will play on the DS DPS1000 but they have bad pixellation (especially HD) and audio issues - the only solution for this seems to be a quick run ProjectX
I haven't tried it for a while, but I also have a DPS1000 and it (used to anyway) play StDef streamed from the HDR without intervention - but never managed to do it properly. I gave it up as a bad job.

The older versions of stripts are available, all 12 of them, but I have no documentation about what version does what and they obviously are no longer supported, e.g. they may do undesirable things. It would be best to un-install the current version using Web-If >> packages >> uninstall and then send a command line like this using Telnet :-

Available versions are 1.0.0 to 1.1.2, having installed a version it can be uninsulated using Web-If >> packages >> uninstall
EDIT
I have just realised that the above are the versions on the standalone strips package and I'm guessing that you want the different versions of the Web-If that carry various OPT+ shrink features

Hi

Yes - The current StripTS seems to do what it is supposed to - I was hoping that there was the older version of the WebIF Shrink available that used it as part/all of its function. This was apparently changed back in November last to the current method as it caused some people issues with their transport functions - There may not have been any further work done on this.

I can use the current StripTS from telnet now but it would be simpler to use the WebIF Shrink of course.

Is it straightforward to add packages like ProjectX ? I can probably guess that it isn't !!!

Thanks
Pete

I haven't tried it for a while, but I also have a DPS1000 and it (used to anyway) play StDef streamed from the HDR without intervention - but never managed to do it properly. I gave it up as a bad job.

Hi

SD and HD play but pixelate - SD always have since I first tested the HDR at launch. A quick run through ProjectX syncs up the frames and inserts any missing key frames apparently !

The DPS1000 plays the HD files beautifully when they have been fixed but it is a bit of a faff to copy them to the PC for PXing and then serving from Serviio when a simple-ish function could be done on the Humax and then served by the Humax DNLA server.

For some reason the Humax Server to the Sony BDP does not show HD content while the same to the DPS does ?
The Sony devices won't see the Mediatomb server at all.

Cheers
Pete

You could install older versions of the Web-If in the same fashion as detailed in #81 but you won't be able to just select just an older 'shrink' option as it is built into the Web-if package, so it would be all or nothing

Is it straightforward to add packages like ProjectX ? I can probably guess that it isn't !!!
The Humax platform runs on form of Linux and as far as I can see ProjectX is available only on Windows platforms, so the answer is no. The Humax does have the ffmpeg package which could probably do the modification if you know what is required, but you have to be careful how CPU intensive any conversions are, as the Humax is obviously doing other things as well.

The key to making a recording streamable to a smart TV is to decrypt it, fix up the programme allocation table (PAT) in the file and then stream it with Mediatomb. The PAT fix-up is something that adrianf26 discovered for the FoxSAT. As you've discovered, stripts can do this but it causes problems with trick play on the Humax for that recording; and that's why the shrink operation in the web interface doesn't fix the PAT automatically at present.

I need to look at it again because if I can work out why trick play is being affected, I can make PAT fix-up a default action which will simplify this for you. I will start looking at this again and see if Drutt can spot what I'm doing wrong!

Hi EP,

Yes - Would have to know which was the last Web-IF with the appropriate version of Shrink that used StripTS ????
Then see what else was changed/missing due to the older version ! Probably lots of useful/important stuff that it would be bad to lose.

ProjectX is probably a non starter even though it seems it can be run in Linux
According to the wiki for ProjectX
http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=tutorial:projectx#projectx
and the reference guide
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/DigiTV/projectx-fullguide.htm
ProjectX is platform independent but requires Java -

It is also way more than is needed for the task as I have only been using the PID filter action.

Is there a PID filter function in ffmpeg ?

No idea how you would (if there were enough space) install Java and then run - can't find any reference guide for ProjectX commands via the cli only. Everything seems to use the GUI. Some reference to cli but that has no commands as such just set up for the GUI ???

The version (portable) that I have been using looks nothing like the reference guide either.

Thanks for the info - shame that work seemed to stop on the DLNA streaming issue and the seeming partial fix with StripTS in Shrink back in Nov.

Cheers
Pete

The key to making a recording streamable to a smart TV is to decrypt it, fix up the programme allocation table (PAT) in the file and then stream it with Mediatomb. The PAT fix-up is something that adrianf26 discovered for the FoxSAT. As you've discovered, stripts can do this but it causes problems with trick play on the Humax for that recording; and that's why the shrink operation in the web interface doesn't fix the PAT automatically at present.

I need to look at it again because if I can work out why trick play is being affected, I can make PAT fix-up a default action which will simplify this for you. I will start looking at this again and see if Drutt can spot what I'm doing wrong!

Thanks for the reply - I took so long writing that last post that it is all out of date . . .

Hi

Just checked and the StripTS treated programs do indeed have FF/REW issues with pixelation on the HDR that looks like the same as Raw programs streamed to the DS DPS1000 before PID filtering through ProjectX (though that breakup is present at normal speed)

Here's hoping that if you manage to fix the StripTS FF/REW Pixelation issue it will also fix the DPS1000 similar issue !!!

Fingers crossed
Pete

I don't think ffmpeg will do what you want and ProjectX would have to be run from a Telnet Command line even if it was loaded onto the Humax., so it wouldn't be any more convenient than running stripts -F. At least af123 is still looking at the PAT fix so all is not lost

Hmmm

???

Did some more testing . . .

Tried a recorded program that has been through StripTS and pixelates on DPS1000 >> 522MB

PID Filter through ProjectX - No Pixelation DPS1000 >> 511MB

Run through AV2HDR T2 - Pixelation again DPS1000 >> 539MB

. . . but - No HDR-T2 FFWD/REW issues (DeCrypt +StripTS +PIDFilter +AV2HDRT2)

Any ideas ?
Pete

I don't think ffmpeg will do what you want and ProjectX would have to be run from a Telnet Command line even if it was loaded onto the Humax., so it wouldn't be any more convenient than running stripts -F. At least af123 is still looking at the PAT fix so all is not lost

Hi,

Cross posting again - sorry.

Project-X PID Filter is to get the HDR T2 files to play on the DPS1000.
Indeed - A non starter on the HDR it seems.

However, even when applied, the re-mux in AV2HDR T2 seems to add back the issue ?
Can the 2 sidecar files be made without re-muxing the TS file ?
Not sure how the CF does it's magic (compared with AV2HDR T2) when operating on a file and then creating the full file set eg. after De-crypt or StripTS

I am guessing the CF does things differently (no re-mux ?) as AV2HDRT2 specifically states it won't work with AAC audio

Cheers
Pete

Hi,

There is a new StripTS available (not sure how long it has been available ? could be a while)

Can you say what has changed ? Can it now be included in decrypt (or is it shrink ??) without causing the transport issues on the Humax ?

Pete

Back