Documentation Wiki

Added a guide to disassembling your Remote Control to the WiKi HERE, Note, It's not the easyest thing to get apart so I suggest you only attempt it if you are having real problems with the buttons not responding

To combat the spammers who keep trying to make changes to the Wiki content I've had to add some extra security to it; users now need approving before they are able to make changes. I don't want to restrict editing from real users - the ability for anyone to make changes is what makes a Wiki content really useful - but if you'd like edit access please PM me or Ezra and we'll approve your account. I've already approved everyone that I recognise from the forums who signed up before December but if I've missed anyone, let me know, it isn't personal! You can tell if you're approved by whether there is an Edit tab at the top of a page next to the Read tab..

I think that's a good idea. I don't look at the Wiki often enough to have noticed the spam (shame on me!), but I do think we should ensure anybody able to edit it isn't just arsing around (and preferably has some domain knowledge).

I reckon there should be a link from the Wiki package notes back to the relevant forum discussion. That way anybody reading the Wiki for info and finding it not solving their problem can trace back to the source.

I have just deleted the 400th bogus user name registration from the WiKi, In order to keep the User list down, anyone creating a user account must get it approved within 7 Days, If this is not done the new user account will be removed. Note:- This will not prevent the user from reading the WiKi

The WiKi has recently clocked up it's 100,000th visit to the Main page, with a Total page view count in excess of 550,000. I'm glad users are still finding it useful

100k-stats.png

WIKI EXCEEDS 2 MILLIONTH VIEW

The Wiki attached to this forum has reached another milestone as the page view count passed 2,000,000 recently.

2000K.png

I'm having difficulty understanding the point of this.

Search for 'wiki' in the linked post.

Apparently, the forum has a bug-like feature where it uses the text from the entire page to summarise the link instead of the text of the linked post.

Apparently, the forum has a bug-like feature where it uses the text from the entire page to summarise the link instead of the text of the linked post.
I'm still not understanding why you have posted a link to an old post in this ancient thread without any explanatory text
(you can turn off the link summarisation, unfurl=false on the URL tag)

The ancient thread is pinned. I thought it was a likely, if not the canonical, place for a suggested correction to the Wiki, for which

Why not make it easy for everyone and just quote the relevant passage? The forum provides excellent tools, all you have to do is select the passage and you get a pop-up option to store it in the quote buffer:
close to the TV SCART socket is U1250, STV6412A Audio/video switch matrix, apparently the device labelled "HDMI Xmit" in the Wiki HDR PCB pic but actually an analogue switch
...and it links back to the post in question as well so all bases covered.

A little explanation wouldn't go amiss either, it might seem obvious to you but most people are not mind readers (and I use the word "most" with due consideration).

As for unfurled URLs, it's easy to avoid those (rather than edit them afterwards): just make sure to paste the link not on a new line. Prefix it with a single space and the forum software will suppress the space anyway.

Wilko imitation Bostik is an effective replacement for the failed sticky pads
Not any more! Try Wickes imitation Bostik.

Last edited:
Back