1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Documentation Wiki

Discussion in 'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder' started by Black Hole, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

Added a guide to disassembling your Remote Control to the WiKi HERE, Note, It's not the easyest thing to get apart so I suggest you only attempt it if you are having real problems with the buttons not responding

2. af123

af123 Administrator Staff Member

To combat the spammers who keep trying to make changes to the Wiki content I've had to add some extra security to it; users now need approving before they are able to make changes. I don't want to restrict editing from real users - the ability for anyone to make changes is what makes a Wiki content really useful - but if you'd like edit access please PM me or Ezra and we'll approve your account. I've already approved everyone that I recognise from the forums who signed up before December but if I've missed anyone, let me know, it isn't personal! You can tell if you're approved by whether there is an Edit tab at the top of a page next to the Read tab..

3. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

I think that's a good idea. I don't look at the Wiki often enough to have noticed the spam (shame on me!), but I do think we should ensure anybody able to edit it isn't just arsing around (and preferably has some domain knowledge).

4. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

I reckon there should be a link from the Wiki package notes back to the relevant forum discussion. That way anybody reading the Wiki for info and finding it not solving their problem can trace back to the source.

5. Ezra Pound

I have just deleted the 400th bogus user name registration from the WiKi, In order to keep the User list down, anyone creating a user account must get it approved within 7 Days, If this is not done the new user account will be removed. Note:- This will not prevent the user from reading the WiKi

6. Ezra Pound

The WiKi has recently clocked up it's 100,000th visit to the Main page, with a Total page view count in excess of 550,000. I'm glad users are still finding it useful

100k-stats.png

7. Ezra Pound

WIKI EXCEEDS 2 MILLIONTH VIEW

The Wiki attached to this forum has reached another milestone as the page view count passed 2,000,000 recently.

2000K.png