1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Documentation Wiki

Discussion in 'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder' started by Black Hole, Aug 15, 2011.

1. oijonesey

oijonesey Hummy.tv SEO Guru

Hello Ezra, you're doing a great job organising the Wiki - I have created a new page here http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Editing_HDR_Recordings because the character limit in the post on the thread is being exceeded now and I can't fit everything in. If it reads OK can it find a place somewhere in the Index? Thanks, Oijonesey

2. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

Hi, I had just PM'ed you with some comments before seeing this, Yes I will get it into the index

3. 4291

4291 Well-Known Member

Ezra.
    The Hidden Settings button sequence works on the HD-Fox T2. I don't think it did a while back when I tried.

4. Black Hole

Black Hole Well-Known Member

Was there doubt about this? I can confirm the hidden service menu key sequence does indeed work on the HD-FOX T2 v1.02.20 (unmodified).

5. 4291

4291 Well-Known Member

On the Wiki. General information HOW-TOs > Access the Hidden Service Menu only refers to the HDR-FOX T2

6. Ezra Pound

This Wi-Ki page was originally created by Kinhell (although I have updated it), I will change it to include the HD-FOX-T2

7. 4291

4291 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I am fairly certain it wasn't there when I tried it before I did an update, but I don't know which version as I have only retried within the past few days.

8. Ezra Pound

I have seen a delay of 20 - 30 Seconds after pushing the last BLUE button on the HDR for some reason, Other times it's instant, So you could have easily missed it.

9. af123

af123 Well-Known Member

10. Ezra Pound

I have added some Error Codes that would be displayed during a Firmware update HERE, I guess they will be very rarely seen but just in case

11. Ezra Pound

I have added Drutt's On The Box Video Editing package Nicesplice to the WiKi HERE, It will probably get more use than the error codes ! !

12. xyz321

xyz321 Well-Known Member

I notice that a few new Wiki users have been created following the same pattern - two names followed by three random characters. I guess that none of these are genuine new users. Perhaps it would be a good idea to add a captcha to the create user account page.

13. Ezra Pound

They do look suspisious ! !

14. af123

af123 Well-Known Member

Indeed! They can't make any changes unless they confirm their email address though - they are probably bots trying to add spam to existing pages but they won't get past the creation stage. I'll look at Captchas.

15. af123

af123 Well-Known Member

We now have Captchas (using Google ReCaptcha) for registration and password resets. Hopefully the settings shouldn't require them for normal edits/page creations etc. - let me know if they get in the way.

16. Ezra Pound

Do you think we should be confirming / Getting rid of the 9 or so imposters?

17. af123

af123 Well-Known Member

Mediawiki doesn't provide a way to delete users by default, however if they haven't done anything then removing them shouldn't break anything.

18. af123

af123 Well-Known Member

I've removed those users now + one that was registered back in September but never confirmed the email address.

19. Ezra Pound

Added Bundles to WiKi HERE ( Note Only useable in Custom Firmware 1.14 or later)

20. Ezra Pound

Have started a New WiKi page called Custom Firmware Package Notes for packages that don't have their own WiKi page HERE