Documentation Wiki

Hello Ezra, you're doing a great job organising the Wiki - I have created a new page here http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Editing_HDR_Recordings because the character limit in the post on the thread is being exceeded now and I can't fit everything in. If it reads OK can it find a place somewhere in the Index? Thanks, Oijonesey

Hi, I had just PM'ed you with some comments before seeing this, Yes I will get it into the index

Ezra.
The Hidden Settings button sequence works on the HD-Fox T2. I don't think it did a while back when I tried.

Was there doubt about this? I can confirm the hidden service menu key sequence does indeed work on the HD-FOX T2 v1.02.20 (unmodified).

On the Wiki. General information HOW-TOs > Access the Hidden Service Menu only refers to the HDR-FOX T2

This Wi-Ki page was originally created by Kinhell (although I have updated it), I will change it to include the HD-FOX-T2

Thanks. I am fairly certain it wasn't there when I tried it before I did an update, but I don't know which version as I have only retried within the past few days.

Thanks. I am fairly certain it wasn't there when I tried it before I did an update

I have seen a delay of 20 - 30 Seconds after pushing the last BLUE button on the HDR for some reason, Other times it's instant, So you could have easily missed it.

I have added some Error Codes that would be displayed during a Firmware update HERE, I guess they will be very rarely seen but just in case

I have added Drutt's On The Box Video Editing package Nicesplice to the WiKi HERE, It will probably get more use than the error codes ! !

I notice that a few new Wiki users have been created following the same pattern - two names followed by three random characters. I guess that none of these are genuine new users. Perhaps it would be a good idea to add a captcha to the create user account page.

Indeed! They can't make any changes unless they confirm their email address though - they are probably bots trying to add spam to existing pages but they won't get past the creation stage. I'll look at Captchas.

We now have Captchas (using Google ReCaptcha) for registration and password resets. Hopefully the settings shouldn't require them for normal edits/page creations etc. - let me know if they get in the way.

Do you think we should be confirming / Getting rid of the 9 or so imposters?
Mediawiki doesn't provide a way to delete users by default, however if they haven't done anything then removing them shouldn't break anything.

I've removed those users now + one that was registered back in September but never confirmed the email address.

Back