Does HDR Fox T2 have commercial skip?

The HDR does not have an RF modulator, just an RF feed through. If you need this function then an external modulator connected to the SCART socket would be a solution.

The HDR's timebar is more awkard to use for navigation than the 9200T. It tends to move at high speed making it difficult to move to a particular location. They also seem to have dropped the function where you could type in the time and it would jump to that location. Having said that it still has bookmarks which work in the same way as the 9200T.

Ah! Broad agreement then. I was confused by your post #16 and the 'lost/list' analogy in #18.

(f) Within the EPG, programmes which are scheduled to record the epg can only display the record icon just before the end time line. The implication of this is that if the bit of the EPG currently being displayed only includes the start time but not the end time then the record icon does not get displayed until the epg is scrolled forwards
Not sure about this. Mine shows the record icon even when there is no room for any program info.

Mine also shows the record icon just above the top of the listing providing a move the focus to the relevant programme. The record icon I am referring to is the one that would normally appear along side the programme title itself within the epg grid.

Yes, within the epg itself. Even when there is no title displayed because the space is too short the record icon is still shown. Obviously if the space is very short no info is shown at all.
Can anyone else confirm, or otherwise?

Even when there is no title displayed because the space is too short the record icon is still shown.

Err not in my experience. If the far right of that programme is not visible you can't see the record icon - and then I tend to only find out when trying to add it and it asks if you want to remove this;

Ok then.
Well, I'm on 1.02.29 and CF2.12 but it was the same before I put it on. I can't be certain but I think it was also the same with earlier versions and no CF.
Can one of the "older" members comment?

Err not in my experience. If the far right of that programme is not visible you can't see the record icon - and then I tend to only find out when trying to add it and it asks if you want to remove this;
Are we talking about this?
yradavag.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for that, you just beat me to it.

DSCF1209.JPG

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well but the pictures say it all.

Even when there is no title displayed because the space is too short the record icon is still shown.
Err.. It does not necessarily occur when the space is too short to show the title. It occurs when the space is too small to show the end time. The two things are not synonymous.

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well but the pictures say it all.

Not with these photos. Yours looks as though it is a 45 minutes programme and that it ends at the time the displayed right hand edge of the epg goes up to.
Try a programme that ends at a time beyond what the right hand edge of the screen represents. This is easier to achieve using a lengthy programme like 'Live UEFA Champions League'.

I'm on 1.02.20 at the moment. But I'm not going to try out another version to see if it is different because the photo examples are not very convincing!

edit: apologies for the reedits of this post. I'm having a bit of finger problems.

Thanks to all of you for very detailed and informative answers.

In post 21, xyz321 states that "The HDR does not have an RF modulator, just an RF feed through. If you need this function then an external modulator connected to the SCART socket would be a solution" Not sure what this means, what are the implications?

Thanks particularly for the detail on the commercial skip times, - I note that the 15 second forward skip option on the 9200 has been replaced by longer forward options, - a pity I think - I like switching over to 15 second forward skip for recorded live football games, - 15 seconds is almost exactly how long it takes for a corner to be taken after the ball goes out. If you skip 30 seconds, you miss the goal if its scored!

On balance I haven't seen anything to put me off the Fox HDR, it seems clear ( no pun intended!) that the picture quality is what its all about, and thats what I am looking for, (not that there is anything wrong with the picture quality of the 9200, for SD its fantastic in my opinion.) TV is a 37" Panasonic Viera (2009 model).

Any likely software updates on the horizon do you think?

Rick J

In post 21, xyz321 states that "The HDR does not have an RF modulator, just an RF feed through. If you need this function then an external modulator connected to the SCART socket would be a solution" Not sure what this means, what are the implications?
Rick J
Some folks use this as part of their method to route the currently displayed programme to secondary TVs. Also in the very unlikely event that you want to connect the HDR to a TV that does not have either HDMI or SCART then you would need that exteranl modulator. External modulators are relatively cheap.

(post prepared simultaneously)

Modulator: old-school VCRs produced play-back on RF before SCART came along, so you could tune in an extra channel on the telly for the VCR. As far as I gather the 9200 does this too, but HD-FOX and HDR-FOX do not - output is SCART/Phono or HDMI only (obviously HDMI is better).

The reason this might be important to some people is: either they still have an old telly with no SCART input (eg my Grundig); or they have a distribution system around the house using aerial coax to feed multiple TVs (like me).

It is also possible to use AV/Phonos (RCA) to distribute the signals. It's the way I feed my bedroom TV. It works very well over 15 metres of cabling, bought cheaply from Amazon.

Back