Does the EPG work on HD Fox T2 boxes?

darky8

Hi Folks!

Just a quick simple one. Does the EPG work on the HD Fox T2 boxes, or is it just the HDR?

I've tried everything I can find on here to get mine to work and still I just get..

"No cached EPG data, try again later (no such table: epg.epg)."

I have two HD Fox T2 boxes and the same problem on both despite upgrades etc etc

Any help gratefully recieved, I just want get the current program name out of the database!!!

Cheers

:)

It does if your disk is 'big enough' to record and not otherwise. I rsync mine from HDR to HD automatically every 10 minutes.

That isn't big enough to support recording. I think the magic number is 32GB.
I have a 64GB USB flash drive in my HD and that works fine.

I get the same thing; I don't have a big enough UPD either (interesting that af seems to have success with 64GB - we thought at one time 32GB would be enough, but I guess real "32GB" UPDs are actually a bit less than that).

You can record on a 32GB USB stick. The HD-FOX reserves 20GB for the time shift buffer, even if you have this feature turned off. I have noticed that if you mount a networked HDR-FOX on a HD-FOX using NFS/ network shares automount, or foxlink, it makes the HD-FOX think its local drive is twice as large as it actually is. I wonder if you could trick the HD-FOX in to recording onto a 16GB USB stick by running the 'assignhd' diagnostic after mounting a share? Or could you somehow mount a dummy NFS share to do the same, ideally 'adding' 20GB to the actual drive size?

I only want the program guide to work, I'm not interested in recording anything.
I think that it needs 20GB of reserved space before it will do anything else. It should load the guide when it powers up and is tuned in to a channel, it just does not retain it.

Ugh :(

I can get the channel name from the database, just would have been nice to have the program title as well.

Oh well.

Have you succeeded with that? Not me.
I tried it out a while ago after reading this thread here. I formatted the USB stick as EXT2, installed the custom firmware on it and then used the 'assignhd' diagnostic to make it available for recording. I gave up with it in the end though as you only get about 10GB of recordable space.

I found my 32GB USB stick (Transcend, 'Ultra Speed' USB 2.0: bought about 3 years ago). It was in NTFS format so I converted it to FAT32 (Windows 7 PC, quick format). I disconnected the USB drive from my HD-FOX (1.03.02/ CFW 3.03), plugged in the USB stick and switched it on. I then rebooted into maintenance mode and used the option to convert to EXT2. Drive parameters as follows after conversion:
Code:
HDFox# fdisk -l /dev/sda                                                       

Disk /dev/sda: 32.1 GB, 32111591424 bytes                                      
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 3904 cylinders                                    
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes                               

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks  Id System                   
/dev/sda1               1        3904    31356928  83 Linux
I then rebooted and without having to run the 'assignhd' diagnostic or use the remote control, the USB stick had been assigned for recording:
HD1.jpg
As expected the HD-FOX reserves 20GB, so only 9.3GB is available for recording.
HD2.jpg

My parents HD Fox T2 shows the EPG and they have no USB stick inserted nor any other means of recording. They do have a wired internet connection on the box, and an HDR Fox T2 downstairs but the HD Fox T2 shows the EPG even when the HDR is switched off. Why is my parents' experience different from everyone else here?

All HD Fox T2 machines should show the EPG regardless of HDD or internet connection, as standard. It would be a pointless box otherwise.

My parents HD Fox T2 shows the EPG and they have no USB stick inserted nor any other means of recording. They do have a wired internet connection on the box, and an HDR Fox T2 downstairs but the HD Fox T2 shows the EPG even when the HDR is switched off. Why is my parents' experience different from everyone else here?
We're talking about the WebIF EPG - are you?

We're talking about the WebIF EPG - are you?

No, I'm talking about the EPG, the bog standard one in the Humax UI as shown on the TV. This is the original question on this thread:

"Does the EPG work on the HD Fox T2 boxes, or is it just the HDR?"

which seems obviously to apply to the standard EPG. No mention of WebIF or custom firmware in that question.

Also this thread is in the HD Fox T2 forum and not the customised firmware section, which is another reason to assume this has nothing to do with custom firmware.

What made anyone think this is about the WebIF EPG?

Back