Donations Required

You are not forced to use a ‘continuing DD’ as you put it. AFAIK there is nothing stopping you from cancelling the recurring payment straight after you have paid the initial £10.
I still (like I said in an earlier post) can't see how to do that on the latest XenForo configuration for hummy.tv.
How do you do that?

I think that's through your PayPal account rather than the forum.
OK, but ...
On the old site there was an unsubscribe option, so there is a difference between last week and now.

If someone is on a monthly sub the how would they now change their monthly sub to a yearly sub? It's not obivouse to me how that would work. By cancelling the monthly sub via PayPal would the various sub options then reappear on hummy.tv?

I don't have Facebook either, prpr's comment echo's my opinion.

But we still haven't got around the problem of not wanting a Paypal account and wishing to donate.

My suggestion in Post#33 would work for me, as you could be fairly certain that you ain't gonna give your life savings to a scammer, or give them access to your credit/debit card/bank account details.

I think I've managed to turn it off now.. Paypal's admin interface is a bit confusing in places.
Seems to have worked. The "each 13 months" wording has gone and I've just upgraded my a/c.

Minor niggle: The PayPal login has the email address from this forum pasted in, which in a lot of cases including mine won't be the same as the PayPal one. Could it be set to leave the field empty?

Minor niggle: The PayPal login has the email address from this forum pasted in, which in a lot of cases including mine won't be the same as the PayPal one. Could it be set to leave the field empty?
You can add other email addresses to your PayPal account (in this case the one you use for this forum) to keep things aligned.

And not putting my email address in the field would be a minor niggle for me.;)

And not putting my email address in the field would be a minor niggle for me.;)
I, like a lot of people, have a domain for use for mail and give a different email address to every contact. So [not] only do I know the source of the address if it, say, falls into the hands of spammers as happened with Santander a few years back (who then tried to blame their customers), I can blacklist it if need be.

Last edited:
I used to do the same with "bingo cards" in the trade mags (pre-email). These were reply-paid postcards included in the magazine which could be used to request further information about products advertised or featured - circle a number, fill in your details, send it in. I added a different fictitious initial to my name for each one, and then I knew where the flood of unrequested spam mail originated from. (Yes, spam has been a problem since before the Internet!)

That didn't stop us filling in bingo cards on behalf of our colleagues of course...

I'm more than old enough to remember trade mag bingo cards.
Actually they're still used - I've been through the trade mags here and Heating & Plumbing Monthly (I was involved in the design of heating controllers in a past life) has a couple of fill-in-the-box enquiry cards at the back.

Back