Drive space - Just curious.

grumpy jim

Just curious, Would it be beneficial to the hard drive to view the recordings from the last prog at the top of the list and work my way down the list so as not to fragment the drive by picking recordings here there and everywhere at random?
And - Other than going through the list and counting up the hours and minutes used, is there a way to see at a glance how much drive space is left available?
Cheers.

Would it be beneficial to the hard drive to view the recordings from the last prog at the top of the list and work my way down the list so as not to fragment the drive by picking recordings here there and everywhere at random?
I doubt it unless all recordings you amke are exctly the same length.
And - Other than going through the list and counting up the hours and minutes used, is there a way to see at a glance how much drive space is left available?
The HDD control menu tells you.

I doubt it unless all recordings you amke are exctly the same length.

The HDD control menu tells you.
Martin, yet again you are a right on the ball.
Many thanks
P.S. You are obviously another late nighter like myself - with me it's just a case of not enough hours in a day. I don't know how I found time to go to work before I retired.
Cheers.

To do that would be a sign of OCD. Just watch the recording you want to watch at the time you want to watch it. It is supposed to be a pleasure not a chore.

To do that would be a sign of OCD. Just watch the recording you want to watch at the time you want to watch it. It is supposed to be a pleasure not a chore.
Good point, life is too short to be a slave to the recorder rather than the other way around.

Back