• The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.1!

This upgrade brings a number of improvements including the ability to bookmark posts to come back to later. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and open a new thread for any questions, issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

Driving and Roads

EEPhil

Number 28
From your description I think the sign should say ROAD CLOSED - ACCESS ONLY rather than ROAD AHEAD CLOSED which is usually used to give advance notice of a ROAD CLOSED sign.
If you zoom in on the right hand picture, you might just see a car in line with the top of the sign. It has just done a U-turn at the Road Closed sign.
(Sorry about poor picture quality. My phone is a mobile one with a crap camera. I didn't have my compact digital camera with me. And then I down graded the picture to reduce the file size!)

EEPhil

Number 28
Our local council have a nasty habit of putting 'road ahead closed' signs with no indication of where (how far away) the closure occurs.
All of the signs in the nearby roadworks (done on behalf of Notts County Council by Via and then subcontracted) are like that. Hence the "blacked-out" part which is an arrow on another sign about 10m from the road (to the left) that is closed. I didn't look to see if there was an advanced warning at the start of the road.