Drop in recorded number of messages

In my view, since they are not personally paying for and solely responsible for the running and success of the forum, the autocrats should place the forum in the hands of a properly elected committee that is answerable to the members, just like any other club. There should be no unilateral actions.

I see your point, but why over complicate things? Most members (over 5000 remember) only pop in and out of the forums and don't want to know how it is run.

I'm happy to abide by the rules set by those that run the whole set up. I'm ok at times to be insulted for my apparent lack of knowledge and can hold my own if need be.
The trouble occurs when members won't let go and see the others' perspective.

I would have just left it as it was. Isn't there a logical inconsistency to the current situation? Surely, in the context of the recent action, likes received from Hummy Arms also should be struck down. As it stands, it is possible to get likes for posts that apparently don't count. The recent change makes little difference to me as I rarely post in the Arms. I am not trying to get other peoples' like counts reduced, I am merely pointing out the odd situation that has arisen.
Why was this change made now? Was it a punishment beating for the recent controversial posts which have now been expunged? If anyone makes any more unpalatable posts are the likes from the Arms going next? A bit of transparency would not go amiss. Who made the recent change and what was their reason?

What the heck does it matter anyway? Who cares how many posts a person has clocked up? As I don't regularly (read never) check on my post count, I haven't a clue how many I have lost and don't give a damn either. I can't understand why people are getting so worked up about it either.:frantic:

the autocrats should place the forum in the hands of a properly elected committee that is answerable to the members, just like any other club.
Who do you think the autocrats are?
the one thing that has always struck me is the question: why are these people (in particular) admins?
At the birth of this Forum there was a call for volunteers and I think several of the Moderators are people who answered that call. My case is different as I was somehow given Moderator status without being consulted.

Who cares how many posts a person has clocked up? As I don't regularly (read never) check on my post count, I haven't a clue how many I have lost and don't give a damn either. I can't understand why people are getting so worked up about it either.
I suppose it depends on where you first enter the site when you come browsing. I always end up on the /forum page which gives you the messages/likes/alerts etc. I suppose I could change my bookmark to "new posts" instead. I noticed the loss and wondered why. Now we know. Not worked up, just a bit miffed.
A bit of transparency would not go amiss. Who made the recent change and what was their reason?
Exactly!

Back