DTR-1010 Questions

hummyuser1234

I purchased a new retail version of this Youview box yesterday to replace my ageing 9200T.
I realise that this box has less available for the user regarding features. Or perhaps you know different?

Q1. Where is the IR receiver located in the front panel? I would like to place a remote IR transmitter in front of it.

Q2. I note that when the box is in high ECO standby and a recording starts or is due to start, then it appears that there is no confirmation of this on the front panel. No lights, no boot up. Am I right?

Q3. My box reports that it has software version 17.3.0 and also reports this is up to date. I understood that 18.3.0 was available.

Q4. Is there a quick way to Schedules or Recordings other than Youview>Myview>Schedule or Recordings - up to 4 remote presses!!

All for now but I feel sure there will be more.

J

Sorry about the shouting - copied and pasted from another program and must have been in bold large.
Now looks like I'm whispering......
J

To paste unformatted: open the plain text editor (icon on extreme right of tool bar), paste, then remove all tags (formatting codes [..]...[/..]).

Q2. Yes you are right. No visible indication of the a recording in progress.

Q4. One way is to use a programmable universal remote from the likes of Harmony and set up a macro sequence of key presses. Still takes a while for it to work its way through the sequence of commands though. There is actually a "secret" code to go straight to the Archive but that only works once you are in the main Menu display and sometimes fails (always the first time you try it after turning on in my experience).

Thanks Gomezz for your constructive post.....
Another thing - I set the DTR-1010 HDMI input to 1080i. I note that on boot up my TV reports the box is in 720. Can this be changed? My Foxsat HDR does input to the sameTV in 1080i. I can see picture quality is poorer with the DTR-1010.

Still not found the position of the IR receiver.
J

I have mine set to Auto and let the TV take care of any up/rescaling needed. That way it only gets done once which means less processing of the broadcast picture.

Now input is 1080i and recent update 18.3.0 is installed but I had to do it manually.
Any idea what this update does?
Can I set the onscreen play/pause bar to stay visible for longer?
I am busy trying to locate the IR receiver and it seems to be right of the LED display and left of the large round central "button" - a button whose functions I do not understand.
IR transmitter which is fed from a video sender is hit and miss at the DTR and will I work out the exact position over time.
J

Back