DTR-T1000 firmware required for USB update

rwassell

Dear all,

After a long and painful investigation into why my BT branded YouView box is no longer working - basically BT sent out their recent update to all boxes even though the upgrade is not compatible with the DTR-T1000 that we have. It now is stuck in a loop, it wants to access the internet, but it can't access the internet.

I want to be able to update to the standard Humax DTR-T1000 firmware, as it was before the update but I can't seem to find one.

Annoyingly Humax do make an update available for the DTR-T2000 but not the DTR-T1000.

After more searching I did find these links using similar firmware file naming conventions:

it humaxdigital com /support/?product_id=2745&curr_page=sw_release
hmxhp cloudapp net /it/products/product_releases.php?gid=555&pid=6

But I don't know if that would work on my box.

A BT support technician did mention that he had the same box and a friendly BT engineer let him borrow a USB stick to reflash the box but obviously he's connected but at least this confirms there are updates available, I just need to find the firmware file to write to USB to perform a maintenance reset.

Does anyone on this forum have a copy of the firmware for a DTR-T1000 or know someone that does?

Many thanks for your help.

Rob

After a long and painful investigation into why my BT branded YouView box is no longer working - basically BT sent out their recent update to all boxes even though the upgrade is not compatible with the DTR-T1000 that we have.
Why do you think it is not compatible with the DTR-T1000? I thought that the aim was for it to be compatible with all YouView boxes?

Hi,

Because BT have confirmed that the problem that I now have with this box is that the update they sent out is not compatible with the version of the box I have. I have this from the horses mouth directly.

That other post is my post. I thought creating a specific thread to obtain firmware for the DTR-T1000 would be more appropriate than use a thread that was trying to diagnose a problem.

Basically I am just after the firmware file for the DTR-T1000 that I can write to a USB stick to reflash the box.

Regards,

Rob

That other post is my post.
Yes, I realised that but I was just pointing out to Martin where you had already said why it wasn't compatible.
The interesting thing is surely it's Humax that issue the updates to the box, not BT?

Yes, you'd think that.

I have since phoned Humax directly and they said that YouView issue the updates directly. They wouldn't be able to supply me with the firmware - apparently.

More to come.

Yes, I realised that but I was just pointing out to Martin where you had already said why it wasn't compatible.
The interesting thing is surely it's Humax that issue the updates to the box, not BT?
BT tinker with the software to customize it, and are generally behind Youview with the version number.

YouView have confirm that it is them that prepares and sends out the updates and the most recent update is compatible with the DTR-T1000 as it is still supported hardware.

It is not possible to obtain the firmware or a USB stick with the firmware on, which I can understand, they probably don't want people being able to 'hack' the boxes.

I need to go back to them with even more information but I will update this thread in due course with any further updates that may help anyone else in this situation.

Back