DTR-T1010 Display

Steve Wright

I've been trying to find out from Humax what the display is like on the new T1010 box. Neither their sales people nor the technical support seem to know. I was put off the T1000 because of the orange/red text and the bright circle of light in the middle. The T1010 seems a bit more restrained but I wondered if anyone had seen one of these boxes "live" at all and could answer the questions. Cheers.

It looks like it's the same display as the DTR-T1000 (the HDR-Fox T2 case) with the orange filter removed, e.g. a blue VFD
DTR-T1010.jpg

Judging from that photo, it looks like they have gone for the ultra-thin metal facia that is all the rage at the moment, in as much as they can now make the metal so thin light shines through it. Is that a brushed metal finish, or is it just the shine making it look like that?

Hi, yeah the display looks similar to screenshot above, there's a live video of the T1010 on YouTube HERE.

On a 9200t here and thinking this one looks good?

Admin Edit: YouTube link added above.

Sadly it is the catch up services for Channel 4 and for Five which are most oft needed as they are are the broacasters who do not use Accurate Recording so you can miss the first few or last few minutes of a programme you have recorded. The T2 does not have these services but the DTR1010 does. That said, for just the last few minutes of a programme I tend to use my laptop instead and I use an Acer Revo nettop computer permanently connected to my TV which can cater for all my IPTV needs and does not rely on what the PVR maker decides I am allowed to have (including Eurosport and Lovefilm for example).

The custom firmware (HDR-FOX) allows you to configure padding or AR on a channel-by-channel basis. Take a look at the multimode package.

Back