DTR-T2000 IR repeater

chimpingtongb

Hi, wondering if anyone can provide links or product numbers to a known working ir repeater or solution for my issue:

Humax youview box is in an enclosed cabinet and need a solution for the remote to work.

Many thanks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I have a different solution to an IR repeater but it won't be acceptable for everyone.

I use a 2.4ghz wireless mini keyboard similarly to this one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Multi-media-Keyboard-Raspberry-Layout-Black-Black/dp/B00DUUF250
Unfortunately they all seem to come with a power time out and need a key press to wake up after 1 to 3 minutes.

It takes a bit of getting used to but works fine without needing full line of sight.
The box has to be switched on manually, unless its recording, about to be recording. in active standby or has only been switched to standby in the last few minutes.

Which keys do what are provided on the youview site:
https://support.youview.com/youview-box/accessibility/use-a-keyboard-as-a-remote

Additionally to what it states there the 'I' key is also an 'Info' key.

On the plus side it is easier to enter searches, plus the F4 key takes you directly to the recording list.
It's not immediately obvious from the youview keyboard mapping PDFs is that the 'Del' key has been mapped to the back function, and the 'Back' key to the delete function.

Sent from chimpingtongb's attic (or possibly not).

The device is functioning it just doesn't work with Humax box
As an engineer, I see no reason that might be the case. I suggest you try relocating the repeater emitter affixed to the Humax - the most likely reason for it not working is not being lined up with the Humax's IR receiver.

And your comment is pedantry to the point of annoyance. The device doesn't work.
FWIW, I agree with everthewatcher - your perfunctory reply was inadequate. You need to lighten up if you want to survive here.

We don't care and don't want to know. See Newbies' Guide to the Forum (click).

As an engineer, I see no reason that might be the case. I suggest you try relocating the repeater emitter affixed to the Humax - the most likely reason for it not working is not being lined up with the Humax's IR receiver.

FWIW, I agree with everthewatcher - your perfunctory reply was inadequate. You need to lighten up if you want to survive here.

I've tried alignment all along the front of the device. It does not work. Humax support say this won't work. I've tested the functionality on a sky stb.

Ps the comment about my signature/phone - I don't care either, it happened automatically when I downloaded the app. If it bothers you to the point of arguing with a stranger on a forum perhaps petition the developer of the app to turn it off by default.

Ps having read my comment back. I should've been more precise. Apologies

As an engineer, I see no reason that might be the case.
Having designed a couple of these in the distant past I agree, assuming the kit isn't faulty and is being used properly.
I suggest you try relocating the repeater emitter affixed to the Humax - the most likely reason for it not working is not being lined up with the Humax's IR receiver.
Seconded. The emitters will be run at very low current as they don't need to have any range. The Humax's IR rx is 75mm to the right (opposite the display) of the centre of front panel on the horizontal centreline. Oops - forgot we were talking about the DTR-T2000 and not the HDR-T2
Thank you.

I've tried alignment all along the front of the device. It does not work. Humax support say this won't work. I've tested the functionality on a sky stb.
We need a lot more than that to be satisfied. Why won't it work? Isn't it using a normal IR handset?? If it is, there is no reason it won't work.

Ps the comment about my signature/phone - I don't care either, it happened automatically when I downloaded the app.
The point is you can turn it off if you could be bothered to look for the setting. Having it clutter up every one of your posts (and the posts of other blasé Tapatalk users) is tedious to the rest of us.

Last edited:
We need a lot more than that to be satisfied. Why won't it work? Isn't it using a normal IR handset?? If it is, there is no reason it won't work.

The point is you can turn it off if you could be bothered to look for the setting.
It's using the stock handset supplied with the STB.

I don't know why it won't work. It isn't repeating the signal that's a fact. I know exactly where the IR receiver is because I confirmed this with Humax support.

The point is you can turn it off if you could be bothered to look for the setting. Having it clutter up every one of your posts (and the posts of other blasé Tapatalk users) is tedious to the rest of us.
The logical solution is to turn it off by default for everyone instead of expecting everyone to turn it off manually.

Working from first principles it's going to be a standard 38kHz IR receiver gating a 38kHz oscillator feeding a bunch of low-power IR LEDs/emitters and it needs a 5V supply via its USB connector. So to test it you need a 5V supply, a 38kHz remote-type signal and something that will respond to near-IR / 940nm, which some digital cameras will do - some have an IR filter so you might need to test a few against a known working remote to find one that works.

If you have the need and the necessary skills, I posted a simple IR sniffer design I threw together many years back using what was to hand in this thread: <click>

Last edited:
The repeater won't care about that - I'm sure all it is doing is picking up incoming IR at one end and reproducing it at the other, whatever modulation it might have.

Back