Duplicate recordings

Dave_G

I think I know the answer to this already, but no harm in asking! I use the RS package to schedule many of my recordings, and on occasion, it will pick duplicates. For example, this morning I had a conflict warning for Columbo, because it had picked up ITV, ITVHD and ITV+1. I believe the CRID (?) is used to detect these, and I assume that the TV channel is using different ones in all cases. The same often happens with BBC1 and BBC1HD.

This must be a common problem for people using the autoschedule feature of RS, so what do others do? Unfortunately, I can't confine the keyword to one channel, as, for example, Columbo pops up on 3 channels that I know of!

At the moment, I usually ignore it unless it impacts on another recording. If I were to cancel some recordings when I first find out, would RS then pick them up again the next day?

Hope that waffle makes sense!
Cheers

dave

Better still, instead of auto schedule use auto email and then only record by clicking on the links you want in the emails.

I do for a few things, but I have up to 5 auto matches per day, and the primary advantage of the feature is that its fully automated!

Back