DVD/Blu-ray Player Recommendations?

I can watch the picture from one source to the sound of another
Used the 555 only this morning to set this up and keeps things in sync. For each source activity I have set up a choice on the AV amp of using the main TV digital audio path or the secondary "VCR" analogue audio path which bypasses the TV. Currently listening to the cricket while watching the patball. :)

The next thing is to work out a better way of changing the source selection on the secondary audio path which currently is done using a manual switch box underneath the TV set being fed by the SCART outputs of the various PVRs and other sources.

Need is not the right word as I am not totally chair-bound just yet and 99% of the time it is set to the Toppy.

Oh crap. User still having trouble (now I'm not there to see why).

Sometimes the "direct command" to change inputs merely sends a sequence of commands to change from what the remote thinks the input is to what it thinks it should be. With those TVs, the ones with a cycle of inputs, there is no other way.

People who manufacture TVs that (a) don't remember what input you were using last time you switched off, or (b) only provide a cycle of inputs and not direct commands, should be shot. No, shooting is too good for them. Hung, drawn and quartered!

The Help button solves most problems, but it struggles with those stupid TVs with a cycle of ATV-->DTV-->Scart1-->Scart2-->HDMI1-->HDMI2--HDMI3-->HDMI4-->AV1-->...-->ATV. :mad:

Fortunately it's been all quiet lately - except yesterday, when the user decided to play a DVD. The TV auto-switched to SCART, but when the SCART source switched off again the TV (appears to have) defaulted to internal tuner instead of resuming HDMI2. The troubleshooter would have got the user out of trouble, but it's easier to reach for the phone...

Back