1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EPG deleted after switching to mux/ch. from another country

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by Cyberjack, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Cyberjack

Cyberjack New Member

Given situation:

I'm receiving 7 Muxes from 3 different countries (Austria, Germany and Switzerland).

If selecting a program from the same country (regardless which mux) the EPG is kept in memory. When selecting a channel from a different country than the previous used was, all previous cached EPG data is deleted.

Any chance in stopping the T2 from doing this?

M.

2. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

Do you get entries in the EPG from all 3 Countries at the same time?
    EDIT
    I think I can answer my own question, You must be getting multiple Countries in the EPG at the same time or you would not be able to select a different Country from the EPG - Doh ! !

3. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

Cyberjack need not be selecting a channel from the EPG, he might be entering a channel number directly. I don't see how you could skip country from the EPG since it is unlikely to carry the foreign channels in the EPG.

I doubt there is anything that could be done, since it is unlikely the Humax has been designed to accommodate cross-border operation (as is evidenced by its failure to buffer EPGs). Operating with more than region within a country tuned in causes enough problems!

4. Cyberjack

Cyberjack New Member

I can see your point. Maybe if the T2 is released on the continent, there might be a solution for this. There are various regions here where you get DVB-T from different coutries at a time.

The same happens in border region to Ireland where the irish Saorview is available.

A solution would be to use the second tuner to constantly scan channels and write the EPG "on-the-fly" when not in use by a recording.

But I fear this won't happen as HUMAX won't also update the T2 to be fully HbbTV-compliant. I'm receiving channels with HbbTV via DVB-T (BR and ZDF for example) and the T2 sadly won't show any info.

It's nagging on a high level, the device itself is great :)

M.