EPG deleted after switching to mux/ch. from another country

Cyberjack

Given situation:

I'm receiving 7 Muxes from 3 different countries (Austria, Germany and Switzerland).

If selecting a program from the same country (regardless which mux) the EPG is kept in memory. When selecting a channel from a different country than the previous used was, all previous cached EPG data is deleted.

Any chance in stopping the T2 from doing this?

M.

Do you get entries in the EPG from all 3 Countries at the same time?
EDIT
I think I can answer my own question, You must be getting multiple Countries in the EPG at the same time or you would not be able to select a different Country from the EPG - Doh ! !

Cyberjack need not be selecting a channel from the EPG, he might be entering a channel number directly. I don't see how you could skip country from the EPG since it is unlikely to carry the foreign channels in the EPG.

I doubt there is anything that could be done, since it is unlikely the Humax has been designed to accommodate cross-border operation (as is evidenced by its failure to buffer EPGs). Operating with more than region within a country tuned in causes enough problems!

I can see your point. Maybe if the T2 is released on the continent, there might be a solution for this. There are various regions here where you get DVB-T from different coutries at a time.

The same happens in border region to Ireland where the irish Saorview is available.

A solution would be to use the second tuner to constantly scan channels and write the EPG "on-the-fly" when not in use by a recording.

But I fear this won't happen as HUMAX won't also update the T2 to be fully HbbTV-compliant. I'm receiving channels with HbbTV via DVB-T (BR and ZDF for example) and the T2 sadly won't show any info.

It's nagging on a high level, the device itself is great :)

M.

Back