EPG possible errors ?

I think the BBC are still having problems:
MOTD 2 tonight - Series CRID is FP.BBC.CO.UK/W8MKNC
MOTD 2 next Sunday - Series CRID is fp.bbc.co.uk/b/4Y914G
and
Casualty last night - Series CRID is FP.BBC.CO.UK/KR1TL7
Casualty next Saturday - Series CRID is fp.bbc.co.uk/m/S93AN0

Have deleted and rescheduled and all OK now.
Could well be a hangover from the problem they admitted to in https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/bbc-scotland-hd.9171/#post-129761, quote:
BBC have sent another email - looks they have the problem:
"This is an issue which we are aware of, and currently we are trying to resolve this issue for our viewers. We would suggest in the interim switching off the series link feature.
Our schedule is to try and resolve this on at some point Tuesday 26th February, so it will be worth trying to see if this is functional again later this evening."
Will try again tomorrow and see what happens.

Last edited:
I think the BBC are still having problems:
MOTD 2 tonight - Series CRID is FP.BBC.CO.UK/W8MKNC
MOTD 2 next Sunday - Series CRID is fp.bbc.co.uk/b/4Y914G
FP.BBC.CO.UK/W8MKNC is not the series CRID.
You are comparing tonight's programme CRID with the series CRID. The two are very unlikely to be the same.

first one
FP.BBC.CO.UK/X8PHU1
second one
FP.BBC.CO.UK/m/1T6U

it seems that the problem was with rs.
Why do you think that,
the series crid that RS used had to come from somewhere and the BBC is the source of the epg info.
My hypothesis is that on the 20th when you first scheduled the series crid in the epg was FP.BBC.CO.UK/X8PHU1 but was changed to FP.BBC.CO.UK/m/1T6U before the recording took place causing the second episode to be not recognized as belonging to the first series entry.
What is less clear is why this weeks episodes were not matched to the second series entry and I wonder if it has something to do with the extra / in the crid - if using the webif you click on the search crid in the schedule entry it searches for SCRID:/m and finds no matches while a search for the full suffix SCRID:/m/1T6U does find both entries - If the humax code is using the same sort of search internally it could explain why it is failing to find these episodes.
It will be interesting to see what happens with any future epsiodes of the series

I don't think the extra / is causing a problem. On rescheduling tonights episode of MOTD 2 the details are:

The box then found and scheduled the next episode:

The Series CRID is the same but they seem to have put next weeks episode CRID in the 'new' format.

Why do you think that,

having thought a bit more, I think you're right to query my thinking and now i'm doing it as well. the prob seems to have originated with the bbc. but I have seen errors on channel 5 as well.

I just had a play:-
The results are that the units with both episodes set recorded both episodes, and the units with only the later episode set recorded just the later episode (despite it being series-linked with the earlier episode).

anyway, why would one watch the sd channels these days?
Because I do - do I need a reason? You didn't specify you were using the HiDef info, and that could have been relevant.

My TVs are 32", usually the content is not something I'm going to sit and watch intently, and my network bandwidth (HomePlugs) makes streaming HiDef problematic, so it's not worth the disk space to record HiDef unless the content justifies a dedicated viewing.

As well as recording last nights episodes next Mondays episodes have been scheduled correctly.

So provided the BBC doesn't play any more games changing crids hopefully it should be OK from now on (not that I intend to watch the programmes)

Whether or not the BBC problem is solved there are now problems on Forces TV. Series link has been there for "Special Branch" but the crid has vanished for the last episode. "Space 1999" and "The Equalizer" seem to be missing series link as well. :rolleyes:

and the units with only the later episode set recorded just the later episode (despite it being series-linked with the earlier episode).

That does not sound right. Because I did the same exact thing. Clicked second episode/ record series. And both episodes showed in SUI and both episodes recorded last night.

The results are that the units with both episodes set recorded both episodes, and the units with only the later episode set recorded just the later episode (despite it being series-linked with the earlier episode).

Because I do - do I need a reason? You didn't specify you were using the HiDef info, and that could have been relevant.

My TVs are 32", usually the content is not something I'm going to sit and watch intently, and my network bandwidth (HomePlugs) makes streaming HiDef problematic, so it's not worth the disk space to record HiDef unless the content justifies a dedicated viewing.
Wow, your sight doesn't sound too good. Unless you watching from twenty foot or so. I previously had a 32 inch and I could definitely see the difference and be bothered by the sd from about 15 foot at the worst case scenario.

and the units with only the later episode set recorded just the later episode (despite it being series-linked with the earlier episode).

That does not sound right. Because I did the same exact thing. Clicked second episode/ record series. And both episodes showed in SUI and both episodes recorded last night.
As posted earlier the SUI and webif/RS behave differently with respect to series recordings
My understanding of the process from past observations is:
  • The SUI assumes that a series recording should record the entire series even if you select episode 2 as the start point
  • The webif/RS assume you know what you want (sometimes dangerous with me) and start the series recording at the episode identified, this is not a bug but can be quite useful if
    • You have already watched the first episodes, or
    • You are moving the series to resolve conflicts

As posted earlier the SUI and webif/RS behave differently with respect to series recordings
But that's exactly what bh did. Set the second episode to series recording in SUI. Just like me. Got different results.

Wow, your sight doesn't sound too good. Unless you watching from twenty foot or so. I previously had a 32 inch and I could definitely see the difference and be bothered by the sd from about 15 foot at the worst case scenario.
Or maybe I'm doing something less boring than watching TV most of the time. With my varifocals, I bet my sight is better than yours - yes, I can see a difference... but unless we're talking Attenborough or something, it really doesn't matter if you can't see every detail of Hilda Ogden's hairnet.

Or maybe I'm doing something less boring than watching TV most of the time. With my varifocals, I bet my sight is better than yours - yes, I can see a difference... but unless we're talking Attenborough or something, it really doesn't matter if you can't see every detail of Hilda Ogden's hairnet.
Pheeeew. Great news about your sight. For my twenty twenty vision sd channels feel like looking through the glass darkly sic.

Rs epg has incorrect information on BBC tonight which the t2 on screen epg displays correctly. Why is that possible?

Pheeeew. Great news about your sight. For my twenty twenty vision sd channels feel like looking through the glass darkly sic.

Hehehe yeah while that is true there's certain content that can only be grabbed in SD as broadcast - some of the fringe channels have interesting content but are SD only. And I must say, the HDR Fox T2 is unusually good at upscaling 576i - Kodi, a program I've been using for years, still isn't as good even with as much fixing and processing turned on to try and clean, say, DVD transfers up. What hacks me off is based on the transmitter 5 miles down the road from me is that something as simple as BBC NEWS can't be watched in HD here which is a shame as it's my "go to" channel; the box is set to turn on to it with boot-settings. I still think Freeview is woefully underspecified for HD content considering Film 4 HD exists on paid services on Virgin Media who are, for backwards compatibility reasons, still broadcasting all their 1080i streams with MPEG-2 which requires a huge bitrate and still softens the picture.

Hehehe yeah while that is true there's certain content that can only be grabbed in SD as broadcast - .

we were talking about the HD channels with BH saying he recorded the sd versions.

I also decry the lack of film4hd on freeview since there is quite a lot I would watch. but in sd? i'll pass.

Back