EPG possible errors ?

Did anyone record the edition of Celebrity Apprentice USA scheduled for 00:15 on Sunday 31st March (Saturday night)?

This was scheduled to end 45 minutes later, at 1am, but 1am did not exist due the shift to BST. My recording resulted in a runaway recording (see https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/runaway-recording-in-progress.9219/) which have been blamed on RTS in the past, but in this case could be due to mishandling of the clock change.

Note that I was using auto-padding, not AR. A "good" example but using AR does not disprove the clock change hypothesis for this runaway, because presumably an AR end flag would still have been received despite the clock change. With -2+5 padding, my recording started at 00:13 and should have ended at 01:05 (02:05 after the clock change), but if the timer was set to look for 01:05 on 31/03/19 it would have been waiting forever (it ought to be programmed to look for any time greater than or equal to the target time Maybe not - that would have terminated the recording at 2am).

Did anyone record the edition of Celebrity Apprentice USA scheduled for 00:15 on Sunday 31st March (Saturday night)?

This was scheduled to end 45 minutes later, at 1am, but 1am did not exist due the shift to BST. My recording resulted in a runaway recording (see https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/runaway-recording-in-progress.9219/) which have been blamed on RTS in the past, but in this case could be due to mishandling of the clock change.

Note that I was using auto-padding, not AR. A "good" example but using AR does not disprove the clock change hypothesis for this runaway, because presumably an AR end flag would still have been received despite the clock change. With -2+5 padding, my recording started at 00:13 and should have ended at 01:05 (02:05 after the clock change), but if the timer was set to look for 01:05 on 31/03/19 it would have been waiting forever (it ought to be programmed to look for any time greater than or equal to the target time Maybe not - that would have terminated the recording at 2am).
yeah, I did. I DID NOT have a runaway. hurraaaahh for AR recording, I really love you.

Weird bug that may need a new thread - I have 3 HDR Fox T2s running at the moment. They're all using redring with the setting CLOCK ► VIDEOTIME. Two of them show the clock being an hour behind when in the TSR buffer or playing back recordings, i.e. pre-DST change. One has the correct time, now an hour forward as per DST. Seems strange to me... the actual SYSTEM clock is correct on all of them as is the one on the i-plate. Perhaps some link between what BlackHole described and this?

There seems to be a lot of timing 'weirdness' at the moment on BBC. Last night while watching Question Time I brought up the i-panel and it told me that the program was going to run from 2230 - 0030 - which it didn't.
Also looking at TVGuide just now for last night it claims that This Week was on from 2335 - 0200. I can't verify if there's any truth in that but I'd be amazed if anybody could stomach almost 2.5hrs of messrs Neil and Portillo in a single sitting ! :roflmao:

There seems to be a lot of timing 'weirdness' at the moment on BBC. Last night while watching Question Time I brought up the i-panel and it told me that the program was going to run from 2230 - 0030 - which it didn't.
Also looking at TVGuide just now for last night it claims that This Week was on from 2335 - 0200. I can't verify if there's any truth in that but I'd be amazed if anybody could stomach almost 2.5hrs of messrs Neil and Portillo in a single sitting ! :roflmao:
I could.

however, they did not.

it was a by election edition which probably lasted beyond 2.

Well I often stay up late (kind of a night owl) and have 231 BBC NEWS on in the background while I'm doing other things, and IIRC it was actually a reeeeeaaaally long episode with Portillo raising his voice several times. Kept seeing the neon THIS WEEK popping up on the flatscreen and it ran until about 2am, so... yeah... there's your answer!

More Brexit nonsense from the little I followed. Not to get political but we are the laughing stock of the whole world because of this. I was watching an episode of Good Girls, an NBC US TV show and it has nothing to do with Brexit but it still turned up as a joke in the episode!

Back