• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

Error Codes?

Hi, Could someone point me to a list of possible error codes please (searched but can't seem to find them)

I've got a 500Gb box, running 1.02.20, without any customised firmware (yet).

This morning I came down about 6:30ish and found the box on (blue ring) displaying an error message. I think it simply said "E05" - or something like that. Before I could look closely, it had returned to standby.

I switched the box off last night (touched front standby pad) while recording. I've had another 1Tb box for just over two years and never seen a message like this before.

In case I get this or any other similar message in the future, I just wondered where they might be documented.

Thanks

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
It has been on air since 10 am yesterday, so your box will have tried to download it during this mornings 4:30 am wake up period.

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
You could try the manual update process to see if that will work for you, or you could update via USB flash drive.

ChrisDaniels

If you've got an external HDD plugged in, unplug it and reboot.
Mine did this a couple of months ago for no apparent reason. Ended up reformatting the external HDD.