Error Codes?

TeeJay

Hi, Could someone point me to a list of possible error codes please (searched but can't seem to find them)

I've got a 500Gb box, running 1.02.20, without any customised firmware (yet).

This morning I came down about 6:30ish and found the box on (blue ring) displaying an error message. I think it simply said "E05" - or something like that. Before I could look closely, it had returned to standby.

I switched the box off last night (touched front standby pad) while recording. I've had another 1Tb box for just over two years and never seen a message like this before.

In case I get this or any other similar message in the future, I just wondered where they might be documented.

Thanks

Check out THIS PAGE in the Wiki.

Your box was probably trying to install the new firmware 1.02.28 which is currently being broadcast.

It has been on air since 10 am yesterday, so your box will have tried to download it during this mornings 4:30 am wake up period.

Hmm, my guess is what I saw (without my glasses!) was "E-OS" (Incorrect Operating System - Retry after factory reset)

You could try the manual update process to see if that will work for you, or you could update via USB flash drive.

If you've got an external HDD plugged in, unplug it and reboot.
Mine did this a couple of months ago for no apparent reason. Ended up reformatting the external HDD.

Back