Expired server certificate

I though tthat the donations have been going into the same pot for some time. Is there a difference?
If you become a forum supporter with a regular payment then you get the forums ad free and get to choose your avatar text.

Otherwise I don't think there is a difference between the destination of the funds - they all go towards keeping @af123's super yacht stocked with gin :p

We should be be good until the New Year now Thu, 05 Jan 2023 02:47:48 GMT

Hopefully someone will set a reminder to renew it before then!
The hummy.tv certificate is still due to expire in three hours - I hope the auto renewal is actually set up @af123
The hpkg,tv certificate is due to expire in a couple of weeks Thu, 19 Jan 2023 02:48:10 GMT

I think it must have expired. I was unable to connect to the forum for a while. Back now, obviously!

We should be OK on the forums until Wed, 08 Mar 2023 02:47:53 GMT now so only a 3 month certificate!

The cert. renewed in December, but is not picked up unless the web server is restarted. This usually happens periodically as a consequence of applying OS updates which require a reboot, but if there aren't any requiring it, it doesn't. I think that's how af123 explained it to me anyway.
(I'd probably put a cron job in to restart it in the middle of the night on the 1st day of every 3rd month just to be sure.)

Last edited:
The cert. seems to have renewed on Feb. 8th, again with a 3 month validity. So I guess the next one is Apr. 8th and there is a month's worth of slop in the system to give more margin for coping with things going wrong.

Back