EXTRA.css - Please post tweaks here (with screengrabs)

ian_j

I'm interested in what can be tweaked with the EXTRA.css file.

I've used it to remove the Guidance & the Genre icons but I'm sure it can do more.

It would be helpful to see screen grabs of what can be achieved.

You could use the CSS file to change the appearance of or hide just about every element of the Webif pages.

I only bother to do it when a web page is sufficiently annoying to prompt me to do something about it.

I think the overall design of the Webif is very good so have never felt the need to apply any tweaks.

There is a WiKi entry for EXTRA.css with a link to the the Webif Style Sheet i.e. :-

extra-css.jpg

BTW
The removal of the guidance icon is detailed in that link, I presume that works on the Web-If >> Browser Media Files >> Media My Video screen

Last edited:
I tried that for the removal of the G icon (which I assume is the guidance icon) - still appears, even after restarting my browser (Firefox).
What point of refinement am I likely to be missing?

The removal of the guidance icon is detailed in that link, I presume that works on the Web-If >> Browser Media Files >> Media My Video screen
No, it doesn't at the moment (the image there doesn't have the guidance class). This should work for any guidance icon anywhere though:

Code:
img[src^="/img/Guidance"] { display: none; }

That worked for me too - thanks for that update, as that was the context I really desired for the functionality

What do I add to hide the ENC icon on HD channels?

Code:
img[src^="/images/749_1_26_Video_Encryption"] { display: none; }

is what I did.

i.e. if you meant the new icon that appears for already-recorded programmes.

If you meant the icon in the EPG, I think that was:

img.encryption { display: none; }

Got rid of the ENC icon on the EPG.

Don't think I've ever seen ENC next to a recording, only DEC after decrypting.

Just checked all our recordings and none have ENC next to them.

What do I add to hide the ENC icon on HD channels?

Got rid of the ENC icon on the EPG.

Don't think I've ever seen ENC next to a recording, only DEC after decrypting.

Just checked all our recordings and none have ENC next to them.

The icon was recently added to the EPG because the BBC have started to flag some SD films as requiring protection.

I think it would be difficult using just CSS to leave the icon for SD channels and only remove it from the HD channels

It's the enc icon on the WebIF EPG I want to hide, will this do it?
I don't see 'ENC' flags in the WebIf EPG, is it possible for you to post a screen capture?

If Auto-Unprotect is doing it's job, the ENC flag on Hi-Def programmes should be removed from all screens

I don't see 'ENC' flags in the WebIf EPG, is it possible for you to post a screen capture?

If Auto-Unprotect is doing it's job, the ENC flag on Hi-Def programmes should be removed from all screens
In EPG prior to recording and Auto-UnprotectFullscreen capture 16012016 134544.jpg

Back