Extracting Programme Information?

intraclast

Hi,

Is there anyway of extracting the programme information from either the sidecar files or the ts file itself? I've had a good search and not managed to come up with anything. Is it possible?

Thanks

Define "programme information".
You can use the hmt utility, such as:
Code:
humax# hmt -p myfile | cut -f1
substituting myfile for the name of your recording, and -f1 with -f2 or -f3 etc. depending on the field(s) you want to retrieve.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm after the programme description.

Do I need the custom firmware to access the hmt utility (I'm guessing from your code that you've got terminal access to your humax?). My HDR T2 is vanilla at the moment.

thanks again!

I should add that I've got the files copied off on my laptop and I'm trying to archive some programmes and would like to use the metadata to make this process simpler.

As an alternative you could use the sidecar package. In Webif, click on the 'browse media files' icon, navigate to your file, then 'Opt+', 'Sidecar' and click on the 'TS info button'. This can also be done from the command line. Navigate to the folder ('cd' command) then:
Code:
sidecar -i "Filename"
This will give you various bits of info including the title and synopsis. If the recording has been shrunk or cropped with nicesplice you won't get the synopsis. There is a standalone Linux version of sidecar available here.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm after the programme description.
You want -f2 then.
Do I need the custom firmware to access the hmt utility (I'm guessing from your code that you've got terminal access to your humax?). My HDR T2 is vanilla at the moment.
There's a Linux (Ubuntu etc.) version of hmt (although it's slightly out of date, can be used if you have downloaded the .hmt file via FTP to a Linux PC), so no you don't need the custom firmware, but it's probably the easiest way.

Thanks for all the replies! Lots of suggestions.

I've considered the custom firmware before and do want to give it a go, but its the only tv tuner in the house and I think I'd get in trouble with my family if I render it unusable...

I've considered the custom firmware before and do want to give it a go, but its the only tv tuner in the house and I think I'd get in trouble with my family if I render it unusable...
You won't. And even if it did (which it won't!) you can put the standard firmware back.

I'll have to take a look into sometime when I have more time. Thanks

Meanwhile thanks for all of the suggestions. I've used the hm2k script suggested by af123 combined with some powershell (sorry! its what I know) to loop through my files and extract what I want.

Thanks again!

If you are that competent, you are gonna love the CF. And you will find it a time saver (unless you get distracted). You can lead a horse to water...

Thanks for the link to the HMT file format EEPhil. I must say I'm really glad someone else has already done the hard work of creating a tool to convert it. I don't think I'd fancy doing it from scratch!

I'm do hope to look into the CF at some point...

Thanks for all your help everyone.

I should add that I've got the files copied off on my laptop and I'm trying to archive some programmes and would like to use the metadata to make this process simpler.

You will need the custom firmware to decrypt the files on the Hummy before you download them, unless you have only SD files. You will not be able to play HD files on the laptop or another Hummy without using CF.

You will need the custom firmware to decrypt the files on the Hummy before you download them, unless you have only SD files. You will not be able to play HD files on the laptop or another Hummy without using CF.
:disagree:
There is no CF for a 2000T. Yet, using Foxy or something similar to patch the .hmt file of a HiDef programme it is possible to download and decrypt files. When Foxied, HiDef files can be saved to a USB drive and will be decrypted. You don't have to have CF on FOX-T2 or 1800T/2000T to download HiDef. I have a 2000T, hence no CF, and can download playable files both [Foxied] HiDef and StdDef. I usually "pull" these files to the PC using the DLNA connection.

Back