Ezra Pound

Trev

The Dumb One
In today's DM, one of the questions to be answered in the future is:
Charles Ward-Leicester said:
Was U.S. poet Ezra Pound a fascist propagandist?
I look forward to reading the replies!

I think it is generally excepted that he was a fascist sympathiser at the very least, I have explained on several occasions that I didn't check out his political stance (which is far from my own), when I picked the name. I'm guessing the fact that Walt Disney was a racist hasn't prevented people from watching his movies :), maybe it should

I wish I'd picked a better name

I was not suggesting for a second that your political tendencies would be aligned with your chosen forum name.

I didn't know we were criticising EP's forum identity - I thought we were commenting on an item in the Questions and Answers section of the Daily Mail. Is somebody a bit sensitive about it?

Is somebody a bit sensitive about it?
Not really, as fascist is quite often followed by the word dictator, I don't think that fits my forum identity, maybe other users could find a more likely candidate for that?

On holiday in Merano, Italy and was surprised to see they had a whole section dedicated to one of the Forum members!
pazyreva.jpg

syduha3e.jpg

:byebye: Back now.:bye:

Sirmione was OK, nothing special. Stresa is better IMHO. It also has a far better ferry service!

Went to the roman villa but it had fallen down.
Had 4 trips to Verona on the local bus, 14 euros return for two of us, ridiculously cheap compared with home for a 20 mile journey.
The boss liked some other places better than Sirmione, eg, Salo, Garda.

Oh, and for the first week there, the weather was better at home than there!

Also back

We had thunder storms while we were there but they mainly happened in the evening.

Our package gave us a card for free bus and train rides and frequency of services was excellent. Also nice and clean.

But think we are off topic now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's the Hummy Arms, Kevin. Everything is off topic!

Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Did you mean Murano or Merano?

Back