Failed Recording of New BBC Four HD Channel

It's a work-around for a problem introduced by Humax/BBC/transmission network. Take it or leave it. I don't think anyone can use badnts effectively without understanding the issues.

I have had a wild idea. Maybe this problem comes from the number of HiDef services now exceeding some limit that Humax never expected would be reached, so that the HDR can't keep track of all the necessary data.

I have had a wild idea. Maybe this problem comes from the number of HiDef services now exceeding some limit that Humax never expected would be reached, so that the HDR can't keep track of all the necessary data.

Unlikely. It has been found if you tune to each of the HD channels live, after that they all record successful. Given the BBC timeshare channels with the childrens HD this generallt has to be done twice.

I'm not sure that invalidates the thesis.
After an automatic retune I get at least 8 different HD services.

. Given the BBC timeshare channels with the childrens HD .

So....when I select either service (CBBC HD or BBC3 HD) from the box it selects the exact same part/frequency of the broadcast signal to decode. The information in the signal broadcast from the service (CBBC HD /or BBC HD) either points to a null point (blank screen) or to the active service. Thus switching to CBBC HD at night doesn't direct you to the BBC 3HD service).

When you retune or setup the box, depending on which service is off air the box subsequently directs these HD services to a null point or actual frequency for recording.

e.g. tune in during the day and CBBC HD broadcasting so it gets the correct frequency details, while BBC3HD is given the direction to the null frequency. When the box subsequently is started for a scheduled recording on BBC3 HD it is still pointed to the null frequency .
The cure works because after it is applied the box is actually retaught to tune in the affected service (BBC3 HD in this example) to the propper frequency.

But it will probably not matter now as future humax releases will probably sort it out, and besides we know how to fix it if we need to retune before then.....

It's nothing to do with frequencies, it is data within each mux. Replace the word "frequency" with something more appropriate and your post makes more sense.

Furthermore if this were broken completely it would affect the SD versions of BBC 3, 4, CBBCand CBeebies. But it doesn't, so the bug must be more subtle than you're implying.

BBC3HD is already being transmitted from Rowridge, it's on the BBC B HD mux. LCN 105.
But BBC FOUR HD, plus the other COM7 channels are not due to start until 4th March from Rowridge, as mentioned by xyz321.

Back