Failed recording which should not have failed or should it?

a. yes
b. yes.
c. the conflict detection detected other conflicts correctly, although it seems to have missed friday's.

The other questions someone like af123 might know the answer.
I can try and search my failed recordings emails to see if there is a pattern.

There seem to be 10 - 15 in about half a year but unfortunately can't tell now what channel they were on and can't remember whether some actually played after the original message saying failed to track.

As to the reset, I am using the CF extensively so I can't see myself doing it.
The custom firmware is no bar to performing a factory reset (ie Menu >> Settings >> Installation >> Factory Default), in fact it helps because the CF is capable of restoring your recording schedule afterwards.

I don't think I can add anything more to this conversation. I assume your a., b., and c. relate to my a., b., and c. statements.

But could you please answer the last two questions in my last post, to settle my mind:

1. Please confirm you did a standard software upgrade followed by loading the associated customised software; and

2. Did the Failed to Track problem start after this upgrade?

Martin

The custom firmware is no bar to performing a factory reset (ie Menu >> Settings >> Installation >> Factory Default), in fact it helps because the CF is capable of restoring your recording schedule afterwards.
What do you mean? Martin suggested I tried the normal firmware.

I don't think I can add anything more to this conversation. I assume your a., b., and c. relate to my a., b., and c. statements.

But could you please answer the last two questions in my last post, to settle my mind:

1. Please confirm you did a standard software upgrade followed by loading the associated customised software; and

2. Did the Failed to Track problem start after this upgrade?

Martin
1. yes
2. no.

Thanks for the answers and your patience.

So your first post on 3rd Feb about the unaccountable failure to track was just the last straw and prompted you to ask the question in the thread's title. Such unaccountable failures having happened prior to your recent software update.

Thus I am at a loss to provide any other help, if I did in the first place.

As regards BH's information, as I said I do not have the customised version so did not know that the customised software survives a reset. Thus, it is worth carrying out.

I recommended the standard software and a manual tune to reduce the number of variables and then to allow me to parallel your recordings for test purposes.

I hope you find a solution.

Martin

What do you mean? Martin suggested I tried the normal firmware.
Refer to the post I was replying to (and quoted). You said "reset", which generally means "restore factory defaults" as per the menu path I stated. Restoring factory defaults wipes the tuning and recording schedule and all user settings, but existing recordings are preserved and it has no impact on the custom firmware. It does however sort out all manner of peculiar behaviours.

I thought Martin suggested I just had the normal firmware without theCF. That's why your answer did not make sense.

Having reread posts 8to20 . I was surprised to see my T2 proceed to record a program which had a conflict for its beginning time. However when the tuner became free the T2 started recording it, unlike what happened in the first post. The delayed start was around 10min. I also have several of these which seem to suggest the broadcasters got better since the machine is the same.

Back