Failed recordings ?

Simps

Hello.
I have had 2 emails over the last 2 days saying

Device: HDR-Fox T2 (******Humax - dc:d3:*******)
At least one failed recording has been detected in your
media library. The following recording(s) failed:

/Flatpack Empire/Flatpack Empire_20180206_2100

It did it 2 nights ago so I missed the first program and then set it for last night and its done the same thing.

Any ideas on what is causing this please ? I have not had this happen before.
Cheers.

Well yes, I will be watching it using Chromecast and iPlayer now but it was just a strange thing to happen as it's never happened before.
I think it may have something to do with padding and AR as I did change the padding settings last night before I went to bed as all my humax settings had reset for some reason.
Thanks for the replies (including the funny ones :) )

BBC screwed up the CRID's. It had series CRID but no programme CRID. After I complained they fixed it on Freesat. Guessing it should be also fixed on Freeview.

BBC screwed up the CRID's. It had series CRID but no programme CRID. After I complained they fixed it on Freesat. Guessing it should be also fixed on Freeview.

That's not the only thing that's been screwed up in the last couple of weeks.

Indeed. The Accurate Recording points on BBC HD channels have been up the spout since Sunday on both Freeview and Freesat. On virtually every recording I have made since then either the beginning or the end of the programme has been cut off. Who did you complain to, Graham?

Having no programme crid isn't necessarily a problem.
The BBC local news doesn't have programme crids but can be series recorded.
A late change to the crid would cause a problem because the Humax may not pick up the change.

So perhaps you should blame Graham for causing you to miss the recording! :)

Indeed. The Accurate Recording points on BBC HD channels have been up the spout since Sunday on both Freeview and Freesat. On virtually every recording I have made since then either the beginning or the end of the programme has been cut off.
Agreed. Add to that: sound out of sync with vision slightly; repeated frames before the regional bulletins/programmes on 101; missed bulletin at 8pm last night (Wed.) on 1.

It was a major issue on Freesat as BBC 2 HD had the same series CRID on the english, scottish and welsh versions and no Programme CRID. Attempting a recording tried to schedule 3 recordings which of course generated a clash message. On both Freesat and Freeview the BBC 1 national news is being cut short by switching to the regional follow on news cutting about 3 mins off the end of the news. If the regional news is scheduled this records completely so for about 3 mins both were recording. Also finding on Freesat BBC 1 -HD that series recordings of the daytime Moving On is failing to stop recording. The follow on programme records OK so again recording overlap on same channel.

Only way to stop was reboot my HDR-1000S. It's a bit of a mess at the moment.

Last edited:
The BBC were notified and corrected the CRID's after the first episode was transmitted. Other than manual recording or deleting the Welsh and Scottish BBC 2 - HD regions it was impossible to schedule on a Freesat box.

Back