Failures

Sargan

HDR Fox T2.

May not be Custom f/w related, but as it’s installed, thought I’d start here.

Had Humax freeze up, when watching live (not recorded) have to power cycle to clear.
Happens every few weeks, yet doe not always have corresponding 'system crash'; entry in log

Also new fault today … watching recording, and then it stopped and TV warning screen ‘mode not supported’
Rebooted TV just the same…
Left it for a couple of Hrs (as it was set to record), when I switched to Input again, it would not power up.

Rebooted and it cleared.
Anything to look at to try to nail down fault?
Notice the app to stop,’new’ going in front of folder names has ceased working so maybe it’s disabling add-on apps as well.

Web interface version: 1.5.2-11
Custom firmware version: 3.13 (build 4028)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.13)
Loader Version: a7.31
System ID: 80bc.7e00
Serial Number: 63 7105323 00302

Last edited:
Not sure if it's similar to when I get an "Invalid format" from my TV (eg maybe your TV gives a different message for the same issue).
I still get those occasional messages with no response from the HDR at all (from the remote handset, from the front panel buttons, pinging the HDR, no WebIF).

May not be Custom f/w related, but as it’s installed, thought I’d start here.
We have plenty of experience to know that the CF is far less buggy than the Humax firmware or even the hardware itself.

Had Humax freeze up, when watching live (not recorded) have to power cycle to clear.
Happens every few weeks, yet doe not always have corresponding 'system crash'; entry in log
Yup. You could try leaving the network disconnected when you don't actually need it, or use router functions to isolate it from the Internet (as opposed to the local network) – I've not tried that, and it would kill off using RS.

An entry in the crash log relies on the crash reporting process not having been disabled by the crash...

Also new fault today … watching recording, and then it stopped and TV warning screen ‘mode not supported’
Rebooted TV just the same…
Meh. https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/register-of-weird-crash-symptoms.9865/

Notice the app to stop,’new’ going in front of folder names has ceased working so maybe it’s disabling add-on apps as well.
The "disable flash packages" function is a failsafe, so that crashes induced by specific packages (those which are tightly integrated with the Humax code) can't create a deadly embrace (in this case, uninterruptible crash cycles), but this is more a hindrance than a help once the packages have a track record of being "clean". It is only invoked if multiple crashes occur in quick succession.

There is a mechanism to disable the disable (WebIF >> Diagnostics):
For anyone who wishes to disable this automatic plugin-disable safety net, you can... run the plugin_autodisable/off diagnostic.

If your box is crashing, then something else is wrong, but this will at least stop things like undelete going away. One warning, if something is wrong with one of the plugins then your box could enter a permanent reboot loop that requires a custom-custom firmware to resolve. There have been no recent reports of instability though.

To re-enable the automatic disable feature, run the plugin_autodisable/on diagnostic.

Or alternatively on the command line:
To prevent this:
Code:
humax# touch /var/lib/humaxtv/mod/no_plugin_autodisable

Note that there will still be a warning posted on the WebIF that some packages may have been disabled, but with the above flag file installed there is no need to take any notice. Unfortunately, until we can update the WebIF code, there's no way to modify that warning when no action has been taken to disable packages (nor be able to tell whether the flag file is installed).

Last edited:
There is a mechanism to disable the disable
Or run the plugin_autodisable/off diagnostic, which can be done from the WebIf.
Then, of course, you need to run the fix-flash-packages diagnostic to re-enable all the things that have been disabled.

Or run the plugin_autodisable/off diagnostic, which can be done from the WebIf.
Thanks, I will update my standard sources. I reviewed the history, and I am surprised how long this has existed! I must remember not to take what the wiki says as in any way complete (as if I didn't know).

NB: I have updated Post 3 above, which previously only mentioned the command line option.

Last edited:
I am surprised how long this has existed!
The date on the files says 2013.
I must remember not to take what the wiki says as in any way complete (as if I didn't know).
EP seems rather quiet of late and it seems impossible to filter out all the "New user" spam from the history to see what's changed recently. Probably nothing.

There are a few ‘system’ crash entries, but last few freezes have no entry in Log ….. if it is recording it does continue … it’s just UI is non responsive.
Maybe it’s moving towards total failure .. a pity.

Back