fast forward and rewind in webif?

DLNA streaming doesn't support much in the way of transport control. All you can do is download the whole file and play it as a local file in your media player - if I remember correctly VLC will happily start playing the file before the download is finished.

You will need to decrypt before FTP. WebIF download decrypts on the fly (if your browser is configured to open .ts files instead of downloading them, you might be able to get around it with a right-click, or you could use the wget process HERE).

In VLC 2.x and up you can access your HDR DLNA server by opening View -> Playlist. This will open up the playlist view. Go to Local Network -> Universal Plug’n'Play.
The playback is better than with the VLC add-in and there is a slider to go forward and back

In VLC 2.x and up you can access your HDR DLNA server by opening View -> Playlist. This will open up the playlist view. Go to Local Network -> Universal Plug’n'Play.
The playback is better than with the VLC add-in and there is a slider to go forward and back

I have installed VLC media player 2.0.5 , I went to View -> Playlist -> Local Network -> Universal Plug’n'Play but nothing shows at all. any ideas? thanks

I have installed VLC media player 2.0.5 , I went to View -> Playlist -> Local Network -> Universal Plug’n'Play but nothing shows at all. any ideas? thanks

There is some info. on 2.0.5 on the thread HERE, saying it play straight from the Web-If, if that helps

Seems obvious, but you do have Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = On, and have given it time to create an index?

There is some info. on 2.0.5 on the thread HERE, saying it play straight from the Web-If, if that helps

I can play from webif OK but I cannot forward or rewind the videos and if I paste the url in VLC that doesnt work at all, it asks for the login and password, I take its asking for the same login info as webif? anyway when I put in the login and password nothing happens.
http://192.168.0.2/play/play.jim?di...rt Deco Icons/Art Deco Icons_20130107_2000.ts

Seems obvious, but you do have Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = On, and have given it time to create an index?

yes content share is on because I can access the humax from my smart tv on the network but if I try to play a file it says the file format .ts is not supported?

The URL you need to put into VLC is the "DLNA URL" that is listed in the Media Details pane (pops up when you click on a programme name in the WebIF media browser). In your case it will look something like http://192.168.0.2:9000/web/media/xxx.TS.

However, I still don't think that will get you FF/REW*. What you will need for that is to make sure your content is decrypted and use the samba package to make the Humax drive accessible as a network mount, then access the file directly rather than via DLNA.

It is no surprise that a smart TV doesn't like the Humax TS format.

* Update: Apparently it does.

The URL you need to put into VLC is the "DLNA URL" that is listed in the Media Details pane (pops up when you click on a programme name in the WebIF media browser). In your case it will look something like http://192.168.0.2:9000/web/media/xxx.TS.

However, I still don't think that will get you FF/REW. What you will need for that is to make sure your content is decrypted and use the samba package to make the Humax drive accessible as a network mount, then access the file directly rather than via DLNA.

It is no surprise that a smart TV doesn't like the Humax TS format.

YAY it works now and with "forward and rewind too! my mistake I was using the URL from the webif browser window not the DLNA URL from the popup, for example the following works http://192.168.0.2:9000/web/media/9155.TS

as for watching the humax on my smart tv over the network I will probably get one of those android tvs, do you think that will do the trick?

Does View -> Playlist -> Local Network -> Universal Plug’n'Play still not show the HDR? It does for me! Advantage is you do not need a variable URL as the files are displayed.
Does your smart TV not have DNLA capability? The best cheapest network box to play HDR recordings is a Humax HD T2 but that is not easy to find now.

HD/HDR-FOX is the only way to stream HiDef HDR recordings natively. There are other options for StDef (and HiDef that has been auto-unprotect-ed), including Raspberry Pi.

Does View -> Playlist -> Local Network -> Universal Plug’n'Play still not show the HDR?
Mine did last week, but when I tried it again today it didn't. No idea why or what to kick to fix it.

Does View -> Playlist -> Local Network -> Universal Plug’n'Play still not show the HDR? It does for me! Advantage is you do not need a variable URL as the files are displayed.
Does your smart TV not have DNLA capability? The best cheapest network box to play HDR recordings is a Humax HD T2 but that is not easy to find now.

Playlist -> Local Network -> Universal Plug’n'Play shows nothing at all, it only works if I paste the exact url of a video in media stream

the smart tv cannot handle the .ts files so im gonna get me an android tv , about 30 quid https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=android tv

Back