Feature Request: WebIF Diagnostic Logs

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
  1. A download button, so the log file is easy to transfer to another computer.
  2. A display utility, so the log file is viewable in a navigable window rather than as one big dump, preferably in a way that does not require the whole file to be processed before display (large log files, significant wait for them to load).
  3. Search tools, including a dedicated tool to jump to a specific time stamp.
  4. Log file auto-truncation based on a number days expiry rather than absolute data size.
  5. Log files appended at the front rather than the back (I guess this would be difficult from the file handling point-of-view), or quick skip to end.

Re error logs.

Would very large logs use up all the internal memory causing the box to freeze?

Also I noticed stripts adding alot of error messages scanning MP4 files on usb drive saying their hmt flag is incorrect. As MP4 files dont have hmt component could this be changed?

Would very large logs use up all the internal memory causing the box to freeze?
I think not at present, because I expect new lines are added to the existing log file using a file system "append" operation. It would be a consideration if this were switched to a "pre-pend" operation.

Some log files are retained in memory (/tmp) so could potentially cause problems if they got too large. Others are on disk (/mod/tmp) so shouldn't be a problem.

Back