File Rename Feature Request

ian_j

Would it be possible to add something that can convert the file names as below?

Continuity_20130712_2325-1373748726 - becomes: 2013 07 12 - Continuity

The Show What You Wrote_20130711_2255-1373748827 - becomes: 2013 07 11 - The Show What You Wrote

Danny Robins Music Therapy_20130712_2225-1373748748 - Becomes: 2013 07 12 - Danny Robins Music Therapy

I record a lot of radio to listen to on my mp3 player and I manually rename them so that they are in sequence, just wondered if this could be automated.

To get the titles into date order you could Newk them (somebody had to say it :)), although you would lose the descriptions e.g.
The Show What You Wrote_20130711_2255-1373748827 becomes 20130711_2255-1373748827

If you add :-
The Show What You Wrote_20130711_
Danny Robins Music Therapy_

to Webif >> Settings >> Automatic Series Prefix Removal Settings, after installing Newk

Advanced Packages are only displayed in the Package Management screen if 'Turned On' in :- Web-if >> Settings >> Advanced Settings >> Show development and advanced packages = Yes

That sorted it thank you.

What package would I use to put all my radio recordings in 1 folder? It would be good if I could call the folder something like Radio Recordings.

What package would I use to put all my radio recordings in 1 folder? It would be good if I could call the folder something like Radio Recordings.
There is an upcoming package that will do this, although first you will have to allow radio recordings to flatten into the My Video folder. seriesfiler will move recordings to the same folder name recreated as a sub-folder of another (eg "Radio Recordings") if that's good enough.

To get the titles into date order you could Newk them (somebody had to say it :)),

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that. newk changes the schedule so that series recordings end up in tidier folders. It doesn't do anything to folders already on the disk.

Would it be possible to add something that can convert the file names as below?

Continuity_20130712_2325-1373748726 - becomes: 2013 07 12 - Continuity

The Show What You Wrote_20130711_2255-1373748827 - becomes: 2013 07 11 - The Show What You Wrote

Danny Robins Music Therapy_20130712_2225-1373748748 - Becomes: 2013 07 12 - Danny Robins Music Therapy

I record a lot of radio to listen to on my mp3 player and I manually rename them so that they are in sequence, just wondered if this could be automated.
It wouldn't be too hard to write something to do it. How would you want to trigger it? It could just be a diagnostic script but would it just have to process one specific folder?

It wouldn't be too hard to write something to do it. How would you want to trigger it? It could just be a diagnostic script but would it just have to process one specific folder?

Right click menu would be fine, multiple items or folder would be a bonus.

However is best for yourself/the custom firmware.

Sent from my GT-I9300

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that. newk changes the schedule so that series recordings end up in tidier folders. It doesn't do anything to folders already on the disk.
Ah, O.K. - Another question, if there is a new recording from a series called say :- New: The Walking Dead_20130711_2255-1373748827 it will be placed in a new folder called The Walking Dead, but will the recording itself be called The Walking Dead as well? or New: The Walking Dead?

New:...

The target folder name is modified in the schedule by newk, but specific recordings are automatically named according to the EPG data.

New:...

The target folder name is modified in the schedule by newk, but specific recordings are automatically named according to the EPG data.

I was quite excited (sad isn't it?) when you first announced this, but after a while it dawned on me what it actually did, which makes it of limited use to those of us who use 'flatten'.
What would be most excellent would be a 'newk' add-on to flatten which changed the file name while flattening.
Oh, hang on - I have manually changed some series recording programmes to go to specific non-flattening locations (family members' folders) so it would need something else again to rename those. Gaagh!

I have found myself renaming recordings (particularly episodes of a radio serial) so that they play in the correct order on an MP3 player.

I don't think this will be a particularly useful facility for recordings played natively on the Humax, because what you see in the media list is the media name stored in the recording properties (.hmt file) rather than the file name itself, and you can set the Humax to list in either alphabetical or reverse chronological order. However, as an auto property for a specific folder I can see the option to rename a set of files to yyyy mm dd <programme name> would be useful for exporting.

However, for exporting audio tracks, nn <programme name> would be even better.

I don't want the original file to be renamed I would rather there was an option to maybe shrink & rename the file. Then the original placed in a folder as shrink does now.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Hmm... that's a whole new ball game. Try to think of each element as an individual process. Auto-shrink is available, auto-rename is a possibility, auto-duplicate before processing is a new concept of (I guess) very limited appeal.

How about a batch rename button that presents a box for you to enter tokens to form the final name?
With a bit more effort, it could be something that you could apply to a folder to have it process automatically.

Back