Film4 on 791?

ian_j

Should this still be showing?

I did a couple of retunes recently but I still have Film4 on 15 & 791

I always do a manual tune of the Belmont transmitter.

Hmmmm

Deleted all channels (Radio & TV) then did a manual retune, channel 791 is still coming up so I just deleted it.

I wish freeview would sort their channel list out and categorize it, like freesat does. Film4 and Film4+1 should be adjacent, and not interspersed with spam shopping channels.
You could always set up a Favourites list (with move) and then they will appear next to each other as in the #2 picture

Was the picture in #2 for Belmont? I was guessing it was for Sutton Coldfield.

The picture is part of a screen dump from the Humax's Web-If >> EPG (Grid style), the Humax is tuned to Sutton Coldfield but it would be the same from Belmont

You could always set up a Favourites list (with move) and then they will appear next to each other as in the #2 picture

I have a favourites list on my TV, my YouView box and my HDR Fox T2. Trouble is, if a retune causes the favourites list to be wiped, I lose it and have to start again. If a retune doesn't cause the list to be wiped, any new channels may go unnoticed.

It would be far simpler if freeview did it for us, shifted all the spam channels well out of the way and then we could ignore them. Instead, they present us with a scatter chart of channels, half of which are telesales, mixed up with the watchable ones.

So does the picture in #2
So what?

My post was details specific to the Belmont transmitter - I didn't know anybody was talking about Sutton Coldfield, or that it is impossible for Belmont's configuration to be different from Sutton Coldfield.

Mike0001 : Trouble is, if a retune causes the favourites list to be wiped, I lose it and have to start again
If the HDR has Custom Firmware installed, then the Favourites list and recording schedule are automatically backed up and can be restored very easily, notes HERE

If the HDR has Custom Firmware installed, then the Favourites list and recording schedule are automatically backed up and can be restored very easily, notes HERE

This is the Freeview forum, not the HDR Fox T2 forum! The objection applies to almost every TV in the country, not just to one set top box.

I decided to just delete 791 as it was annoying & we have all of the Film 4 channels in their correct locations anyway.

While I'm on though is there a site that does up to date channel lists for different regions so I know if a retune is required.

I only found out about 20 Drama & 61 True Entertainment after a retune to get rid of 791.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Back