Finally bothering with Freesat

Online satellite shop with loads of good advice and articles. I was lined up to press buy on the contents of my shopping cart today.

Got the dish up today (and got nicely sunburned too), now to order some cable...

Are you going to package that up?
I probably will do. It needs some additional libraries but there's a plan in progress for that.
(yes, the omission of tab completion is a bit painful!)

Cable arrived - I went for Primesat 4-LNB cable and compression connectors + the tools to fit them.

upload_2017-4-12_10-59-40.png

Surprisingly easy to fit!

Very Neat. Is that the lnb end ? Are you going to use a quattro lnb and connect to a multiswitch ? (That's what 4 core coloured cable is normally used for).

That will be the LNB end, yes. That's a picture from their web site but hopefully mine will look similar.
No, just a standard Quad-LNB down to a wall plate at the moment but the combined cable was cheaper and looks neater.

Does that mean that you are going to work some of your magic on the Foxsat?
Not planning to do anything, although I may release the odd package. It's raydon's firmware and I do think the potential audience is even smaller than the T2 one unfortunately.

Is there a standard for which output goes to which cable colour, or do you just make it up yourself?

According to Satcure...

fcedeb4a8d222ba09a6d7efd010c7107.jpg

Back