Finally bothering with Freesat

Don't we all already have pass through surge protectors on the mains leads? Mind you, Powerline bypasses those.

We were on the North Rim once, Grand Canyon. A couple of girls walked past and their hair was standing up on end like a porcupine from the static. You could see the thunder clouds tracking past, they looked tiny and almost at our elevation. Very scary, and we got away from there asap!

A decent busybox (i.e. one with tab completion) would be nice as well!
The busybox package seems to be ok, just that your default shell comes from /bin. Start a new shell after login and you should have tab completion.

I have packaged up a newer version of dropbear though which is much faster than the old one.

prpr - put this in /opt/.profile:

Code:
if [ -z "$HUSH_VERSION" -a -x /opt/bin/busybox/sh ]; then
        export HUSH_VERSION=dummy
        exec /opt/bin/busybox/sh
fi

Ah, yes it will only fire for dropbear logins as that uses a different passwd file with /opt set as the home directory.
I have an improved dropbear package that I'm testing and can share if you're interested.

I have an improved dropbear package that I'm testing and can share if you're interested.
Better as in smaller, faster, more reliable, more facilities etc. or something else?
Yes, I'll take a look. Would like Smartctl more though <hint>!
(This thread seems to have drifted out of the generic Freesat forum's area.)

Back